Atlus knows we love dungeon-crawlers with a heavy dose of RPG mechanics thrown in the mix, which is why they contacted us to casually mention they’ll be releasing Dungeon Travelers 2: The Royal Library & the Monster Seal exclusively for PS Vita this year!
The kingdom of Romulea is in peril. Monsters are leaking out of every nook and cranny in the land, and to make matters worse, they have started an uprising against humanity. Players take on the role of Fried, an adventurer from the Royal Library sent to stop the uprising. But early in his journey, he discovers a broken shrine along the way. This sets in motion the story of Dungeon Travelers 2, where Fried travels around the kingdom of Romulea, and through rescuing, defeating, or bumping into any of the 16 unique girls that can join his party, Fried is on a mission to save the world! Set in a first-person perspective with turn-based combat, players will encounter normal monsters as well as more powerful mutant girls, who must be sealed away to prevent the spread of the evil monster scourge.
Dungeon Travelers 2 features:
* Art That is Sure to Leave a Mark: The hand-drawn art of the girls in your party, as well as the mutant girls who must be defeated breathe scintillating life into the quixotic world of Romulea.
* Sealed with Power: Defeating enemies in the dungeon produces Sealbooks, which can give the girls in your party unique bonuses, enchant weapons, or be sold for gold. Deciding how to use the Sealbooks is a crucial part of the game’s dungeon-crawling aspects
* Turn the Party into a Par-tay: As you explore dungeons, players can trigger sub-events which allow for further character development between Fried and the individual girls in his party. Favorite girls can even show up in the menus (cosmetically) more often.
* Min-maxers’ Delight: Each girl in your party has one of five base classes, from which they can spec into one of several sub-classes, which can be further specialized. For example, a Magic User can become a Sorceress, which can specialize into Magical Princess. Each subclass has its own unique skill-set and corresponding armor/outfit, allowing for intricate tweaks for discerning party managers.
* Original Audio: Dungeon Travelers 2 presents the game with English text localized by ATLUS and fully voiced Japanese audio.
The game still doesn’t have a release date other than “Summer 2015” but we’ll keep you updated on the game as news become available. Do you like what you’ve seen for Dungeon Travelers 2? Let us know in the comments below!
Written by: EdEN
- Owner / PR / Editor-In-Chief