PS Plus Update – June 2016
A good month for PS Plus with some excellent games on the PS4, PS3, and Vita. You will get some great BB Action in time for the NBA Finals, get to solve the mystery of where everyone in your house is and get a sweet puzzle game that may change your perspective on things!
PlayStation Plus | Your PS4 monthly games for June
As you can see, they are:
The NBA 2K franchise is back with the most true-to-life NBA experience to date with NBA 2K16. Featuring an all-new MyCAREER experience written, directed and produced by acclaimed filmmaker Spike Lee. Guide your MyPLAYER through the complete NBA journey, take control of an entire NBA franchise, or hone your skills online competing against gamers from around the world. With animations that provide smoother movement and more realistic articulation, and a unique cover design featuring NBA stars Stephen Curry, Anthony Davis and James Harden, it’s certain to be the most authentic NBA gaming experience yet.
Gone Home: Console Edition(PS4)
Gone Home, the genre-defining Story Exploration Video Game, is now available in the comfort of your living room!
June 7, 1995. 1:15 AM. You arrive home after a year abroad. You expect your family to greet you, but the house is empty. Something’s not right. Where is everyone? And what’s happened here? Find out for yourself as you explore the house on Arbor Hill in the award-winning game that’s been called “a remarkable achievement” (IGN) and “the greatest video game love story ever told” (The New York Times).
Experience one of the generation’s defining indie games plus more than 90 minutes of behind-the-scenes commentary by the developers, actors, and musicians that made Gone Home possible!
Featuring an elegant black and white art design inspired by the works of M.C. Escher, echochrome™ is a puzzle game unlike any other. With gameplay based on optical illusions, players must utilize five simple laws of perspective to join walkways, hide dangers, and create new paths to reach the “echos,” or shadow guides. Once you’ve mastered the five laws, use them to create your own mind-bending levels to play and share with friends using the custom level editor.
Available for PLAYSTATION®3 and PSP® systems.
• Simple black-and-white art style rendered in 1080p HD
• Master perspective puzzles based on optical illusions across 56 challenging levels that are exclusive to the PLAYSTATION®3 system version then move on to the 1000 user-created levels available in the game
• Create your own custom levels to play and share with friends over PlayStation®Network. Users can even submit their best levels from within the game right to the game’s developers, who then pick the best levels to distribute to all echochrome™ PLAYSTATION®3 users worldwide
• Unlock Trophies to add to your collection with Trophy support
Siren: Blood Curse (Episodes 1-12)(PS3)
An American TV crew has arrived in Japan to film an expose on the legend of the “vanished village” only to find themselves caught in a deadly series of events. Controlling seven different playable characters, the player must uncover the mystery behind the curse that grips the eerie village of Hanuda. Intense graphics, realistic character animation and a gritty film-like graphical presentation add to the horror of Siren: Blood Curse.
Download all 12 Episodes of the full game at a special price.
• Complex story spread across 12 dramatic separate episodes with seven playable characters.
• Unique sight jack system lets you see exactly what your enemies see.
• Sneak past the deadly Shibito or take them head on with over 50 kinds of weapons, each with unique fatal finishing moves.
• Archive system lets player unlock a variety of story clues and information.
God of War: Chains of Olympus(PSP/PS Vita)
The ancient world speaks of a mortal that slayed a God. But long before his battle with Ares, Kratos sought absolution from his past sins by pledging himself as a champion to the Gods. These brutal crusades in the name of Olympus became legendary. The Ghost of Sparta is now ordered by the Gods to journey the underworld, after the world plunges into darkness. There he must face the most feared creatures of Greek Mythology and is forced to choose between his own personal redemption and saving the ancient world from certain destruction
Little Deviants (PS Vita)
Touch, Tap & Tilt to save Little Deviants™ from the Evil Botz.
Join the Little Deviants™ in a series of madcap adventures that allow you to have fun discovering and experimenting with the new PS Vita functions – including rear touch, front touch, six-axis motion senors, rear camera, and microphone.
– Augmented Reality: Turn your world into an augmented reality shooting gallery
– Touchscreen / Rear Touch Pad: Make full use of the PS Vita system including front and rear multi-touch
– Microphone: Sing with the Little Deviants™ for top score
– Motion Sensor: Move and tilt your PS Vita system to guide the Little Deviants™
Overall a pretty good month for PS Plus – definitely better than the past few! I have heard excellent things about NBA2K16 and how it plays. I believe most publications picked that as Sports Game of the Year. Gone Home is a special game that HAS to be experienced, and what better way to do it than with your PS4! We are getting another God of War PSP game is for the Vita this time, but thankfully it’s one of the better ones. I played Echochome on the PSP when it released, but never tried the PS3 version, so I am looking forward to playing it. I’m very unfamiliar with Siren: Blood Curse but it looks cool and scary. Finally, Little Deviants is a game designed to use all of the features on your Vita. The game itself is mediocre at best, but isn’t completely without merit.
What are you guys looking forward to playing from this month’s PS Plus selections?
Don’t forget to follow me on Twitter @the_nmac for more reviews and live streaming from the PS4. Also follow @PS4blog_net and @PS3blogdotnet for updates on PlayStation info and reviews you need.