Archive for category PlayStation Eye
I’ve been anxiously awaiting for Kung-Fu Live to finally hit the PlayStation Store. After the hectic holidays and my PS3 issue .. I finally got my hands on this unique PlayStation Eye motion game.
The PlayStation Eye has been around since October 2007 and it took this long to come out with a killer PlayStation Eye motion game. It was worth the wait too!
It’s also a great workout believe it or not. I was sore for a couple days after. Sadly I didn’t gain any new Kung Fu powers that I could use in the real world …. yet. Mwhahahaha.
The guys over at Virtual Air Guitar Company use FreeMotion Technology to track your movements, remove the background and place you right inside the game. It’s quite an experience to see yourself moving inside of a game world. It’s fun to watch your friends and family try it for the first time. They all picked it up really quickly too.
Luke, Your going to find many of the truths we cling to, depend greatly on our own point of view” …Obi-Wan Kenobi
Last December, at the 2009 Video Game Awards, we were treated to our first glimpse of The Force Unleashed 2 with this Teaser Trailer.
With a release date of late 2010, all the folks in the Star Wars Gaming community could do was wait…
Everyone is still waiting…
Before I start my review, let me tell you all what a huge Star Wars fan I am. I have a small warchest of action figures!, I have self-made costumes that have won me $$$. I was, for 3 years, the Director of Operations of “The Phantom Menace”, a chapter of TheForce.net. In short I LOVE me some Star Wars.
So I made sure to reserve myself as the reviewer of TFU2 for PS3Blog.net
I wish I had not done so.
A week ago I got my grubby hands on The Fight: Lights Out (regards to Trev & Tosh for hooking me up with a promo copy). With me being heavily into sports and somewhat liking UFC etc, I wanted to get involved in the sport without physically getting battered and bruised – so, what better way to do this than play a game of The Fight: Lights Out.
I always seemed to think I was a pretty athletic/fit person due to the amount of sports I used to play, however I don’t think I was prepared for what I was about to encounter.
Soon we’ll have the first third party-created Move and Navigation controllers, as well as a new PS3 Eye (called Snake Eye which, on name alone, deserves a purchase). Snakebyte, a German company, will start selling several configurations bundles starting on January 2011:
- Navigation + Motion Controller
- Navigation + Motion Controller + snake-eye
- Navigation Controller
- Motion Controller
- snake-eye (camera)
So, are you willing to trust a third party Move controller?
We have a winner!! Over all we only had 19 valid entries, so your chances were pretty good to win. Here is a video of me randomly picking the winner. Congratulations to premiersoupir our winner!! He will receive a brand new copy of Get Fit With Mel B for use with the PS Move for the PS3.
Special thanks to Aubrey Norris at SouthPeak for making this happen.
Be sure to stay tuned to PS3blog.net for a review of this game, as well as more giveaways coming your way soon.
Get Fit with Mel B is a cutting-edge, at-home fitness program that puts you on screen with Mel B – Spice Girl, Dancing with the Stars finalist, host of Oxygen’s Dance Your A** Off and star of the Style series Mel B: It’s a Scary World.
Get Fit with Mel B allows you to work out side-by-side with Mel B, known around the world for her fit physique and dedication to health and fitness. It’s like you’re working out with Mel B in real life – with real-time feedback and the motivation you need to reach your fitness goals.
She will train and inspire you in this total fitness program that uses cutting-edge, motion-driven PlayStation Move technology to put you in the action as you complete a wide variety of fun, dynamic workouts with Mel B and receive a customizable nutrition program.
• Workout Alongside Mel B On Screen: Forget cartoon avatars – in Get Fit with Mel B you get the real deal in high-definition. It’ll just be you with Mel B at your side, coaching you through workouts and providing constant, real-time feedback on your performance.
• Completely Individualized Training: Everyone has different fitness goals and Get Fit with Mel B is designed to help you drill down to your specific needs by setting program goals and tuning the entire experience exclusively to you. Whether you’re looking to get toned for the beach, train for sports or simply de-stress, Mel B has a workout plan with exercises specifically picked out for your needs.
• Social Network Integration: Be proud of your hard work! Share your accomplishments alongside Mel B with the program’s optional facebook integration tool and show off your progress to your friends.
• Attention to Overall Wellness: Fitness doesn’t just include working hard and exercising – attention to nutrition is also important! In Get Fit with Mel B, you’ll not only receive daily workouts to help you reach your goals, but you’ll also receive daily meal plans and recipes to make sure you are eating right and have proper nutrition for a strong body.
• Options for all Levels of Experience: Brand new to the world of fitness? No problem – Get Fit with Mel B includes tutorials and demonstrations of each exercise as well as a comprehensive practice mode so you can get comfortable with the moves that Mel B has picked out for you. Experienced in the world of workouts and looking to enhance your routine? Get Fit with Mel B includes options to incorporate your existing workout equipment such as fitballs and resistance bands into the workout for even higher intensity.
• High Value from Cutting Edge Technology: Just because something is new, doesn’t mean it has to break the bank – and Get Fit with Mel B is no exception. Mel B will put you through high intensity workouts and serve as your own personal trainer, all for less than the cost of a gym membership!
For more information, visit http://www.getfitwithmelb.com
GET FIT WITH MEL B Trophies
· FEEL THE BURN – Complete your first workout
· DROP AND GIVE ME 1000 – Do 1000 push-ups
· ABS OF STEEL – Do 1000 long-arm crunches
· BRING IT ON – Raise a fitness level by 10
· 99… 100 – Complete 100 reps
· 499… 500 – Complete 500 reps
· 999… 1000 – Complete 1000 reps
· FLASH DANCER – Collect over 350 stars in a Dance Aerobics workout
· GOING UP? – Climb the equivalent of the Empire State Building in Step Aerobics
· PUMPED – Lift the equivalent of an SUV in Pump ‘n’ Tone
· FIT CROWD – Complete a Fitness workout
· DANCE OFF – Complete a Dance workout
· FAT BURNER – Complete a Cardio Workout
· FRONT RUNNER – Complete an Advanced Cardio Workout
· BEST FOOT FORWARD – Complete a Step workout
· WARRIOR – Complete a Combat Workout
· TONED – Complete a Pump ‘n’ tone workout
· FITNESS MONSTER – Complete 20 Fitness workouts
· LAST DANCE – Complete 20 Dance workouts
· SWEAT DREAMS – Complete 20 Cardio workouts
· ATHLETE – Complete 20 Advanced Cardio Workouts
· ESCALATOR – Complete 20 Step workouts
· ULTIMATE WARRIOR – Complete 20 Combat Workouts
· PUMP ‘N’ THRONE – Complete 20 Pump ‘n’ Tone workouts
· NEWCOMER – Reach level 60 in any category
· AMATEUR – Reach level 70 in any category
· SEMI PROFESSIONAL – Reach level 80 in any category
· FLEXIBLE – Reached level 70 in three categories
· 20 RUN – 20 good reps in a row
· PERFECT 10 – 10 perfect reps in a row
· FIRST GOLD – Win a gold medal in a workout
· JUST A SNACK – Burn off a chocolate bar
· ONE LARGE PEPPERONI – Burn off a pizza
· PARTY SEASON – Burn off a Christmas dinner
· WHAT’S FOR LUNCH? – Follow the menu every day for a week
· PRACTICE MAKES PERFECT – Practice five different exercises
· VARIETY – Complete at least one workout of each workout type
· MY WORKOUT – Create a custom fitness workout
· MY AEROBICS – Create a custom aerobics workout
· DANCE THE NIGHT AWAY – Complete an aerobic workout between 12:00am and 2:00am
· EARLY WORM – Complete a fitness workout between 5:00am and 7:00am
· 25 LEVELS UP – Raise a fitness level by 25
· DRIVEN – Exercise every day for two weeks
· PROFESSIONAL – Reach level 90 in any category
· HAT TRICK – Reached level 80 in three categories
· TRIATHLON – Reached level 90 in three categories
· FULL HOUSE – Get a gold badge for all challenges
· 60 MIN BURN – Complete a 60 minute aerobics workout of any type with a score over 90%
· PERFECTIONIST – Reach level 100 in any category
· THE TRIPLE – Reached level 100 in three categories
· MY BODY IS A TEMPLE – Collect all other Trophies on Get Fit with Mel B