Archive for category Software
2032 AD—Earth has been ruthlessly assaulted by extraterrestrials, and nineteen years of nonstop battle now threatens the very existence of humanity. The last hope for human survival is BRS, a heroine created solely to save planet Earth; she is the ultimate battle android. But when she is awakened to end the battle once and for all, there are only twelve human beings left on Earth…
* The World: Explore ghostly city ruins, bizarre alien structures, and more as you travel through illustrator Huke’s vision of a devastated future Earth!
* The Enemy: Engage in lightning-fast battles where your choices and reflexes are the only thing standing between you and total annihilation!
* The Girl: Level up BRS to equip her with a bevy of attacks and skills to make full use of her superhuman abilities and gigantic cyber-cannon!
* The Last Hope: Complete a variety of missions for the last remaining humans to unlock new guns, costumes, challenges, and more!
This new Batman: Arkham origins trailer left me wanting more. The game will be released October 25 worldwide.
Batman: Arkham Origins features an expanded Gotham City and introduces an original prequel storyline occurring several years before the events of Batman: Arkham Asylum and Batman: Arkham City. Taking place before the rise of Gotham City’s most dangerous villains and assassins, the game showcases a young, raw, unrefined Batman as he faces a defining moment in his early career as a crime fighter that sets his path to becoming the Dark Knight. As the story unfolds, witness identities being formed and key relationships being forged.
Earlier today at the Silverstone Circuit, Polyphony Digital held its Gran Turismo 15 year anniversary event. It was expected that the next addition to the franchise, Gran Turismo 6, would make its debut. That it did. It was said some time ago that it was going to remain a PlayStation 3 title, despite the announcement of the PS4 and that piece of hardware releasing in the same window.
Personally, I think that it would have made more sense to release on the PS4, as it would be a definite system seller, but I regress. I have been following GTPlanet throughout the announcement, and some nice tidbits of information came out of it:
- The core has been renewed; new engine provides more realistic and natural handling, with new tire, suspension and aerodynamic physics. The graphics engine has also been renewed and is said to be more streamlined and future-proof, allowing for more flexibility and expansion (suggesting that it could be retrofitted onto a PS4 title as well).
- The game will launch with over 1200 cars with ongoing DLC. The cars can be fully personalized, and there are more aero mods (a reported several thousand pieces) and wheels. Does this mean, however, that we’ll see custom liveries akin to that of Forza, arguably the best editor on a console?
- There will be 33 track locations at launch, with 71 variations. There is also a promised new track through monthly DLC.
- There is also a new course maker, using a new algorithm and will have rendered scenery for tens of square kilometers.
- Online will be expanded quite a bit, with support for more community features, including the ability to start racing clubs, create your own racing series, and being able to set up championships.
- The game will use a new user interface, with a focus on quick response and short load times.
- Some GT6 features will be compatible with other devices, including PC, smart phones, and tablets.
- More information will come out at both Gamescom and E3 this year. I’ve also heard that there may be a demo available this July.
Krieg arrives today for Borderlands 2!!
“Check out the newest playable Vault Hunter for Borderlands 2, the Psycho Bandit, in the video above as Sir Hammerlock explains all of Krieg’s mad and marvelous abilities, skills and powers.”
In a world where Evil is taking over and prayers are no longer answered, there is only one type of divine intervention left, and it’s armed to death.
Join the battle of light against darkness. Lead your squad to defeat the Fallen Nun and restore balance to the World in this epic tactical action game.