Archive for category Patches
Bioware released a first patch for Dragon Age 2 on April 19, 2011. In our review of the title, we mentioned the host of (more or less minor) glitches that we’ve experienced with the title. Unfortunately, it looks as if these problems were not addressed in the patch. The bug fixes generally address oddities with companions’ armor and skills. Some minor quest problems have been fixed as well. Finally, Bioware remarks somewhat enigmatically that “[v]arious technical changes should improve performance and limit crashes.” Best update: “Varric is no longer confused about which character Hawke has been romancing.”
Full change log (beware of minor spoilers) after the break.
A software update for About a Blob was released today, and included with it is a costume editor for your blob. You get points in-game to use on your blob’s costume. You can also pick up the premium costume pack on the PS Store as well, which doubles the number of accessories available.
For those that have been waiting for the Dead Nation voice-chat feature, you can now sleep with confidence. According to Housemarque, the developer behind the game, voice-chat, along with some other features, will be implemented by next week.
Developer Zipper has released some macro-level player statistics for MAG (Massive Action Game), which just celebrated its first anniversary. The stats are rather fun: Players have put in over 5200 years’ worth of time into playing the game; 100,000 people have put more than 100 hours each into the game; and nearly as many people have achieved “veteran status” or are qualified to do so (which means that they have hit the level cap). Also, Zipper has announced that they will post a new patch, v2.11, next month, which promises “new optimizations and refinements.” Let’s hope that they will have finally hammered out the last niggling freezing bugs in Domination and Acquisition. Read the entire list of Zipper’s posted stats below.
So this was released a couple days ago, but since I haven’t had time to pop on GT5, I missed the initial launch of it, but man, they added quite a bit of new stuff to the game. The next tab will have more information, but here are some of the more important highlights:
- Seasonal Events: Seasonal Events have been added to the GT Mode – GT Life screen. From here you can participate in official online events from the Polyphony Digital team. In these events, all participants are under the same regulations, and if you complete the event you will win rewards and experience. Compete on the leader boards with players around the world, in Time Trials and Drift Trials!
- Online Race Rewards and Experience: When you complete a race in the Open Lobby or My Lounge, you will now gain rewards and experience points. Even if you are focused more on playing online, you’ll still be able to gain rewards and levels that you need to progress in GT Life.
- Improved Rewards: The rewards for winning races in both A-Spec and B-Spec in GT Mode-GT Life have been increased for a limited time only. (This applies until the end of January 2011.) This is a great chance for those who were previously having difficulties getting ahead in the game, due to a lack of funds for tuning and purchasing required cars.
- Save Data Backup: You can now copy and restore your save data. For details, please refer to the in-game Manual.
- Integration with the Website: The main features within GT Mode-Community can now also be accessed through the “gran-turismo.com” official website.
Also of note, I noticed you can now also restart races immediately after you’ve won them, so for you credit grinders, it’s now easier to keep redoing a race to build up your credits. This was something not included in the patch details.
A new update has been released for Gran Turismo 5.
The main contents of the update are as follows:
[Seasonal Events] have been added to the upper left side of the [GT Mode] – [GT Life] screen. From here you can participate in official online events from the Polyphony Digital team.
In these events, all participants race under the same regulations, and if you complete the event you will win rewards and experience. In Time Trials and Drift Trials, compete on the leader boards with players around the world.
An [Online Dealership] has been added to the left center of the [GT Mode]-[GT Life] screen. In here you will find popular and rare used cars.
You might just come across that one car you’ve always been looking for, that you haven’t been able to find in the [Used Car Dealer]
・Online Race Rewards and Experience
When you complete a race in the [Open Lobby] or [My Lounge], you will now gain rewards and experience points.
Therefore if you are focused more on playing online, you’ll still be able to gain rewards and levels that you need to progress in [GT Life].
・Driving Distance and Number of Wins in Online Races
The driving distance and the number of wins you achieve when you complete a race in [Open Lobby] or [My Lounge] will now affect your stats in [Profile] and the [Garage].
Here again the results from your online play will cumulate within [GT Life].
The rewards for winning races in both A-Spec and B-Spec in [GT Mode]-[GT Life] have been increased for a limited time only. (This applies until the end of January 2011)
This is a great chance for those who were previously having difficulties getting ahead in the game, due to a lack of funds for tuning and purchasing required cars.
・Race Information Display
[Race Information Display] is now available in [Start]-[Quick Options]. (You can also see this in [Race Display] in [Options]).
・Save Data Backup
You can now copy and restore your save data. For details, please refer to the in-game [Manual].
・Personal BGM (Menu)
From [Options]-[Hardware]-[Audio], it is now possible to set the [Personal BGM] (Menu)]. (This can also be accessed from the [Music Library] within [GT Mode]).
・Car Name Change
The official name of “Red Bull X1″ has been changed to “Red Bull X2010″.
・Integration with the Website
The main features within [GT Mode]-[Community] can now also be accessed through the “gran-turismo.com” official website.
* We have made improvements to the [Log] within [GT Mode]- [Community] section, in order to make its operation more stable. Please note that the information that was here before the update has been reset.
* Some contents of the update will not be applied unless you sign in to the PlayStation®Network when you play the game.
[To Check Your Current Version]
To check the version of your software, press the “Manual” button at the bottom of the main menu screen. The version number will be located on the upper left of the index page in this manual.