Archive for category Call of Duty 5
Infinity Ward just finished a security meeting that entails the hacks displayed on the PS3 version of games for both hacked and non-hacked consoles. Here is what FourZeroTwo had to say:
I just left a security meeting with the coders here at Infinity Ward where we discussed a lot of solutions. I feel good about the meeting, but of course I can’t go into detail on the possible solutions we discussed as we don’t want to give out any information that could potentially hinder the security any further.
Once I have more information, I will post it here.
The key factor I want you to know is, that while any update takes time, we are looking to make the process as quick as possible and nothing is being left unattended.
Our main focus right now is on:
1) Preventing hackers from affecting legitimate players.
2) Addressing users who have already been affected.
He also stated that some of the problems need to be reported to Sony as well, so if you see someone hacking their way to victory, be sure to report them to Sony using this link.
If you only have $29.99 at the moment and want to get a new game for your PS3 then here’s a great deal: seven new games have been added to the Greatest Hits line and are now available at half of their original launch price. Follow the link for the full list.
Activision Publishing, announced their new strategic plans for the Call of Duty franchise today. They announced the formation of a new business unit to expand the franchise “with the same focus seen in its Blizzard(R) Entertainment business unit”.
Mike Griffith, President and CEO of Activision Publishing stated, “2010 will be another important year for the Call of Duty franchise. In addition to continued catalog sales, new downloadable content from Infinity Ward and a new Call of Duty release, we are excited about the opportunity to bring the franchise to new geographies, genres and players.”
Here are some videos of the new maps for Call of Duty: World at War.
From the Call of Duty forums:
So as you know, Map Pack 1 is releasing shortly March 19th or has already released depending on when you read this. With it, a new TU / Patch is being released for the Xbox 360 and Playstation 3.
We have been reading many of the suggestions in the community rgarding improvements to the game, and hope that you’ll find many of them in the list below. I think the most popular item in this list will be the improvements to the spawn system included in this TU =.
- All rifle grenades fired during the first 15 seconds of Search & Destroy will be duds to prevent griefing in that game mode.
- Improvements have been made to the global spawn system – players should never spawn within the line of sight of an enemy.
- Players who equip the Bouncing Betty and melee teammates in Hardcore game modes are now credited with a team kill penalty.
- Players are now deducted 200 points for team killing the bomb planter/defuser in Hardcore Search & Destroy.
- Martyrdom no longer causes “direct impact” grenade deaths in Hardcore modes.
- Players ranked higher than the maximum allowed in the Boot Camp playlist are no longer able to play in games with lower ranked friends in that playlist.
- “Bayonet jumping” has been disabled.
- Further improvements have been made to geographical matchmaking.
- The “New” icon clears when a player has viewed an unlocked weapon X360 only.
- Many zombies were raised from the dead.
Hope to see you online, and enjoy the new updates and maps