Archive for category Call of Duty 5
From the Call of Duty forums:
So as you know, Map Pack 1 is releasing shortly March 19th or has already released depending on when you read this. With it, a new TU / Patch is being released for the Xbox 360 and Playstation 3.
We have been reading many of the suggestions in the community rgarding improvements to the game, and hope that you’ll find many of them in the list below. I think the most popular item in this list will be the improvements to the spawn system included in this TU =.
- All rifle grenades fired during the first 15 seconds of Search & Destroy will be duds to prevent griefing in that game mode.
- Improvements have been made to the global spawn system – players should never spawn within the line of sight of an enemy.
- Players who equip the Bouncing Betty and melee teammates in Hardcore game modes are now credited with a team kill penalty.
- Players are now deducted 200 points for team killing the bomb planter/defuser in Hardcore Search & Destroy.
- Martyrdom no longer causes “direct impact” grenade deaths in Hardcore modes.
- Players ranked higher than the maximum allowed in the Boot Camp playlist are no longer able to play in games with lower ranked friends in that playlist.
- “Bayonet jumping” has been disabled.
- Further improvements have been made to geographical matchmaking.
- The “New” icon clears when a player has viewed an unlocked weapon X360 only.
- Many zombies were raised from the dead.
Hope to see you online, and enjoy the new updates and maps
The Call of Duty: World at War map pack has been dated for March 19th, for those of you who still play that silly game. 🙂
UPDATE 2: Tonight’s the night! I’ll be in HOME beforehand, and I’ll enter CoD World at War at 10pm sharp and start sending invites to people as they come online. Please use your headset if you have one. Don’t forget to send me a PSN friend invite before 9:30 EST so that I can invite you into the party.
UPDATE 1: Switching game nights to Wednesdays.
Games Night #4 Redux
Last nigh a couple of us got together for some Call of Duty 4. Not all of us could be there the whole time, but I had some fun anyway. We started off with just AnnexGR and me playing a quick game of Headquarters which didn’t turn out to be so quick. 🙂 We immediatey got put into the smallest map (with the containers). So the time ran out on that one, but we won.
Then xBerserker and QiKo joined us for a couple games of Sabotage and lastly it was just me and QiKo playing some Ground War.
I had fun, but those hosts that end CoD matches early are really annoying. It leaves the rest of us sitting on our hands. Not polite.
I’m starting to learn about putting together game nights:
- It really would be better if everyone had headsets. I was the only one with a headset, and it was odd to be playing “with” some other players, but not be able to communicate with them. Tosh: why didn’t you use your headset?
- I shouldn’t start a match if I’m in the game early. That’s what we did last night and it went past the starting time. (Sorry QiKo.) Next time I’ll be online in the game at 10pm exactly, and I’ll send invites as I can.
- I didn’t visit HOME before the game last night, next time if I’m early I’ll go there instead of starting a game.
- Going back to playing CoD4 after playing CoD5 recently was refreshing. There’s just something about CoD4 that CoD5 lacks…
Games Night #5 –
Call of Duty: World at War! If we get four (or fewer) players together we can try some co-op. If we get more than four, we’ll do some regular multiplayer.
I’m in. 🙂
UPDATE: Not many takers for games night tonight? We’ll try CoD4 first. You guys might have to play without me if I can’t join your party. I think I may have fixed that problem but I won’t know until tonight. Unless you want to play CoD5, which works for me. Whoever wants to play: if you’re not already in the HOME club, sorry. 🙂 You’ll have to send my a PSN friend invite (mention PS3Blog). My PSN ID is Blackstaffer.
I know that the last games night didn’t go off too well, mostly because Tosh and I both had to do firmware updates and weren’t online at 10pm. Since I doubt that Sony will release another update within a week, and we all know that Activision never updates their CoD games unless there’s a sword at their neck, I think we’ll be pretty safe next week if I choose CoD.
Depending on the number of people interested, we can either play four player co-op (if we go with CoD:WaW), or we can get into some regular multiplayer matches.
So who’s interested in some Call of Duty: World at War or Modern Warfare on 27jan09 at 10PM EST?