Archive for category Fat Princess
Now here’s a company that seems to really love their fans. Things started off a little rocky when the game first launched, but after fixing that issue it seems like everythings been ironed out. We have already received some free content as well as some fixes but that hasn’t stopped Titan Studios from throwing us another treat, and I’m not talking about cake. Today they are giving us another “two” new maps for free called “Frost Bite and Candy Mountain:
As well as some minor fixes that they have been made aware of.
From, Titan Studios’ blog you can see that either an upcoming patch or dlc is bringing 3 new classes to “pick up” from. Pirates, ninjas, and chef. So who’s going to win, pirate, ninja or….chef?
If its dlc, then 2 more classes will be announced and more maps. Patch, hopefully out of the 5 hat machines you get to pick and choose the classes you want, as a setting when you host. That, or they rework the maps to fit 3 more hat machines, which is unlikely. The only thing I want is clan support, and inviting friends into games. I wanna hear what you speculate from this tease.
If you want to skip my negativity, skip this part.
For those who are wanting to find a deep and enganging single player experience, look somewhere else. The downloadable game has a novelty feel to it, yes, but the experience I had with, “Play with yourself” portion of the game had some dumb AI choices. For example, you set up the catapult right? And you expect some of the little guys to come with you to jump over to the next castle, but no. They’re on the their own little adventure capturing resources. I even sat in the catapult waiting for them until they notice I was in it. Either way, I kinda felt like the single player should’ve been a straight RTS. But their are some positives.
It does give you a reason why we’re going and getting the Princess, and why she’s eating so many cakes. And it has some humor in it where you’ll hear a few cries like, “I’m hungry, feed me cake”. Her voice even changes every time you feed her cake as well. There are 4 different game modes, which you can go online or offline. Like I said, offline is not where the meat is at all.
The thing about the online is, you can find a game and usually you stick with it. The customization in, “Lets Get Fabulous” is varied. I mean that in a good way. You can change the color of your skin tone and hair. Their are 22 skin tones, hair and beard styles. Pressing the “Randomonizer”, Will give you a chuckle or two. Now back to what I think about the online.
The patch is only available for North American gamers for the moment. Europe should be getting it next week after Sony Europe is done testing it thoroughly for all the territories there. Here are the patch notes:
- The server selection heuristic has been modified so that ping time has been more heavily weighted when selecting potential matches. This will result in players being connected to games in such a way that game population and ping are more evenly weighted.
- Newly hosted servers will be more attractive to potential clients and thus fill up more quickly. The change will also better distribute connection attempts among servers and thus reduce failed attempts.
- Potential servers will be given less time to respond to ping requests. This should speed up that portion of the connection process.
- Selected servers will be given more time to establish a connection, resulting in fewer failed attempts.
- The connection code is less sensitive to packets coming back out of order. This was a cause of failed connections.
- Ice Mage and Dark Priest AoE scoring has been adjusted from 10 points to 2 points per enemy affected.
- Non-worker resource return has been reduced from 20 points to 10 points.
- Feeding the princess has been reduced from 20 points to 15 points.
- Castle door hit points have been reduced slightly from 30 to 25.
- *The Princess’ calorie burn has been increased at weight stage 2, 3, and 4. Calorie burn was previously 2 per second at all stages. Stage 2 is now 4 per second, stage 3 is 8 per second, and stage 4 is 12 per second.
This is what’s going to get me to come onto the game, and i’ll post how I think it is later on.