Archive for category Final Fantasy Versus XIII
According to VGLeaks, Final Fantasy XIII Versus, which was previously thought to be in development hell, had actual development stopped so that they could move the project to the PS4.
The other side of this is that its rumored that Sony will be co-developing FFXV and that will make it a PS4 exclusive.
Take all of this with a pinch of salt as it is still a rumor but VGLeaks release accurate information quite often.
At E3 2006 Square Enix announced three new titles that would be added to the Final Fantasy series, which were Final Fantasy XIII, Final Fantasy Agito XIII, & Final Fantasy Versus XIII. Originally Final Fantasy XIII was suppose to be a PS3 exclusive, but then later announced for Xbox 360 which surprised many fans. Final Fantasy Agito XIII was intended to be Mobile game for phones, but now is currently under development for the PSP, and was renamed Final Fantasy Type-0. The one that seemed most interesting was Final Fantasy Versus XIII which Square Enix hasn’t revealed too much about.
Square Enix has released a high quality trailer for Final Fantasy Versus XIII which was first shown on the 18th of the month during the 1st Production Department Premier event held in Japan. In the game you play as Prince Noctis who is accompanied by a few other guys whose duty is to protect Noctis.
According to details revealed from Director Tetsuya Nomura, Versus won’t have a job system like Final Fantasy X, for example. Also despite being able to switch between party members and control their actions if Noctis dies in the game it’s “Game Over”. There’s no date for when we’ll be able to play Versus but Nomura-san has stated that it won’t be this year. 🙁
Tons of info has been released for some up and coming Final Fantasy games. Some long overdue, some new. Today we have info for Final Fantasy XIII Versus, Final Fantasy XIII and Final Fantasy Type-0. The Versus news is very welcome as this game has just taken so long in development. Hopefully we get a 2011 release.
* The actual battle screen in the final game will show character names.
* Some areas regarding how the battle screen shows commands will probably change for the final.
* Magic has different effects depending on the character who uses it.
* A young blonde male character shown in the magazine’s screenshots is good with guns. He alone has aiming controls and can aim for enemy weak spots.
* When other characters use guns, they have just a normal lock-on.
* The game has a large number of weapons. Main character Noctis can use them all.
* Your battle party can have up to three members. However, the members who aren’t taking part in the battle will join in on conversations.
* There are more party members than the four shown in the magazine. However, the game doesn’t have a massive number of party members.
* Main character Noctis is not “cool.” He’s just a normal youth. He feels “I am strong,” but he’s not as strong as he thinks.
* Some segments of the trailer show natural landscapes. These are like the fields you encounter in other games. The game will have time progression: morning, afternoon, evening and night.
* Contrary to some theories, the dragon rider character who appears in the trailer is not heroine Stella. Nomura says he wouldn’t show Stella in such a state. The character you see in that sequence is an enemy.
* You can steal army vehicles for your use. You can ride air ships, cars and Chocobos.
* The blonde character shown in the trailer is Noctis’s friend. The other two characters are friends from Noctis’s childhood. The person with glasses is like Noctis’s tactician.
* You’ll recall that someone in the trailer says “You’re not fit to be king,” or something to that effect. This statement is not directed at Noctis. (I think everyone assumed it was!)
* Nomura says something along the lines of: This year, we have Type-0 and XIII-2, so please forget about Versus for a while. He asked that people be patient and understand that they’re trying to do something incredible.
* At the earliest, we could see more from Versus XIII at E3.