Archive for category Final Fantasy XIII-2
GameStop now has another exclusive pre-order for FINAL FANTASY XIII-2.
PowerUp Rewards members who pre-order FINAL FANTASY XIII-2 at GameStop will receive the exclusive “Genji Bow” weapon for Serah. “With a unique look for both its sword and bow forms, the Genji Bow allows the player to attack more frequently.”
The exclusive weapon is retroactive for existing pre-orders, as long as the customer is a PowerUp Rewards member and is purchased/picked up by Feb. 2, 2012.
Read the rest of this entry »
Square-Enix has released two console exclusive Final Fantasy XIII-2 trailers, one for PS3 and one for 360. Both Trailers are packed with different story elements but share a common feature, outstanding visuals! Did you note that the lip-syncing is not going with the voice-over work? Well, Square-Enix revealed that the final products will feature full western lip-syncing support.
Tons of info has been released for some up and coming Final Fantasy games. Some long overdue, some new. Today we have info for Final Fantasy XIII Versus, Final Fantasy XIII and Final Fantasy Type-0. The Versus news is very welcome as this game has just taken so long in development. Hopefully we get a 2011 release.
* The actual battle screen in the final game will show character names.
* Some areas regarding how the battle screen shows commands will probably change for the final.
* Magic has different effects depending on the character who uses it.
* A young blonde male character shown in the magazine’s screenshots is good with guns. He alone has aiming controls and can aim for enemy weak spots.
* When other characters use guns, they have just a normal lock-on.
* The game has a large number of weapons. Main character Noctis can use them all.
* Your battle party can have up to three members. However, the members who aren’t taking part in the battle will join in on conversations.
* There are more party members than the four shown in the magazine. However, the game doesn’t have a massive number of party members.
* Main character Noctis is not “cool.” He’s just a normal youth. He feels “I am strong,” but he’s not as strong as he thinks.
* Some segments of the trailer show natural landscapes. These are like the fields you encounter in other games. The game will have time progression: morning, afternoon, evening and night.
* Contrary to some theories, the dragon rider character who appears in the trailer is not heroine Stella. Nomura says he wouldn’t show Stella in such a state. The character you see in that sequence is an enemy.
* You can steal army vehicles for your use. You can ride air ships, cars and Chocobos.
* The blonde character shown in the trailer is Noctis’s friend. The other two characters are friends from Noctis’s childhood. The person with glasses is like Noctis’s tactician.
* You’ll recall that someone in the trailer says “You’re not fit to be king,” or something to that effect. This statement is not directed at Noctis. (I think everyone assumed it was!)
* Nomura says something along the lines of: This year, we have Type-0 and XIII-2, so please forget about Versus for a while. He asked that people be patient and understand that they’re trying to do something incredible.
* At the earliest, we could see more from Versus XIII at E3.
Square has officially released the english version of FFXIII-2 trailer that was recently shown at an event that was held in Japan. In this video you will see Lightning in her new gear that looks quite spiffy if you ask me as well as a new counterpart. Not sure who this new character is, but he is a tall male and doesn’t seem to friendly with Lightning.
At the Square Enix Production Department Premiere, many things were shown and discussed most notably the sequel to the ever popular Final Fantasy XIII. The sequel is scheduled for release in 2011 at least in Japan. You can visit the official site here.