Archive for category Final Fantasy XIII
A great score but a little shocked we didn’t see a perfect score. FFXII was the only FF to ever have gotten a perfect score. Along with this info, we have some other great news.
-FFXIII will be on a dual layered blu-ray disc. MGS4 is the only other game to use one.
-PS3 version will have uncompressed video and audio due to lack of size constraints.
-You can restart battles! Awesome option
Lots of news has been dropping about the upcoming FFXIII adventure which is set for release in Japan in December.
Now we have found out a few new details that are really really amazing.
-Hunts are back! One of the best parts of FFXII have made an appearance on FFXIII but in a slightly different way. It seems you won’t accept hunts at a desk or bulletin boards, but by visiting glyphs that are found around the world.
-There will be some sort of job classification but I’m not sure of the details on this yet.
-There will be large scale enemy fights. As you can see in the image below from the Shonen Jump scan, you are very very tiny compared to this dinosaur looking beast.
-Order of Characters to Summons:
News is leaking out more and more so keep and eye out for more updates.
See some more images and info here in our community forums
Check out this video on jeuxvideo.fr, it features over 7 Mins of FFXIII Gameplay / Cinematics. Thanks for the tip Ceidz
As of right now, I’m not 100% sure if these will be made available in either North American or PAL territories, but Sony has announced at it’s SCEJ Press Conference the FFXIII Bundle, called the Lightning Edition, which includes a 250GB hard drive and is white with a red Lightning design on the face of the console (thanks to No Kill Tayler pointing out where to find the pic). The bundle will retail for 41,600 yen and will be for sale on December 17th, day and date with the standalone software.
Also of note, Final Fantasy VIII will be made available on the PlayStation Store (at least, in Japan) on Thursday for 1,500 yen. Hopefully it will hit state side and across the pond tomorrow as well. I’m sure one of my favorites, FFIX, will soon follow suit in a couple months.
* In the game, any summon can transform.
* The driving mode with Shiva is pretty much like an action game. Use the sticks to move around freely, the buttons to attack.
* The crystals involving Snow and Lightning? Snow’s is shaped in the form of a heart, Lightning’s is a rose.
* Know that kid who was arguing with Snow during the E3 trailer? He’s half the age of Snow, more info will be revealed on him in the summer.
* Vanille’s i’Cie mark? It’s somewhere secret with Toriyama stating it’s in “an amazing place”
* The relationship between Lightning and Snow is a mystery, but we’ll know more about it soon.