Archive for category Final Fantasy XIV
It’s good to see that companies like Sony and Square-Enix are beginning to realize that Americans love lots of collector’s items packed in their games as much as Japanese gamers do. Let’s just hope that companies continue to do so.
Let’s begin with Little Big Planet 2 first which has been announced to be released on November 16 at select retailers at $79.99. They are also stressing that it’s going to be a limited run. The collection will include:
- A copy of Little Big Planet 2
- A set of Little Big Planet 2 book ends or “game ends”
- A 7” Sackboy plushie
- One stop shop for DLC + more- and in regards to in-game content, the Collector’s Edition comes with 11 different pre-order costumes that includes (which can also be received in the regular release version, in different combinations, depending on where you pre-order the game):
- Disney / Pixar’s Toy Story 3’s “Aliens” Sackboy Costume
- Disney’s TRON: Legacy “Clu” Sackboy Costume
- The Muppets’ “The Great Gonzo” Sackboy Costume
- PlayStation’s “Ratchet” Sackboy Costume
- PlayStation’s “Clank” Sackboy Costume
- Even More Animals’ “Crocodile” Sackboy Costume
- Even More Animals’ “Vulture” Sackboy Costume
- Even More Animals’ “Cobra” Sackboy Costume
- Even More Animals’ “Mandrill” Sackboy Costume
- And exclusive to LBP2’s Collector Edition
- PlayStation’s “Jak” Sackboy Costume
- PlayStation’s “Daxter” Sackboy Costume
- 5 exclusive LBP2 PSN Avatars
Continue for Final Fantasy XIV Collector’s Edition details:
FFXIV has announced a few new changes at E3 over the past few days and some are pretty exciting.
1. FFXIV will be in 3D on the PS3.
2. Larger Linkshells will be assigned something called “Company”. This will give them a website and display various stats of the members and group! This one is very exciting for me.
3. There will be secret areas.
4. There will be high end armor for each class.
5. New classes will be released even after the game is released.
6. The beta will be starting very soon.
7. There will be something called a “Retainer” which will allow players to leave their character or avatar so they will be able to enjoy the game offline and people can see them.
Last but not least…the official benchmark of FFXIV showing off one of the games opening scenes in either low res or high res. I scored around 2500 myself. Direct Download
Square Enix just released the first gameplay video of Final Fantasy XIV via their official FFXIV channel. The video, with the title “Life in Eorzea” shows us what type of life they have in Eorzea, accompanied of course by an amazing music score.
The video introduces us to merchants, chefs and other workers in Eorzea. No actual combat was featured so don’t get all dissapointed, I’m sure well be getting that soon.