Archive for category Final Fantasy XIV
It’s good to see that companies like Sony and Square-Enix are beginning to realize that Americans love lots of collector’s items packed in their games as much as Japanese gamers do. Let’s just hope that companies continue to do so.
Let’s begin with Little Big Planet 2 first which has been announced to be released on November 16 at select retailers at $79.99. They are also stressing that it’s going to be a limited run. The collection will include:
- A copy of Little Big Planet 2
- A set of Little Big Planet 2 book ends or “game ends”
- A 7” Sackboy plushie
- One stop shop for DLC + more- and in regards to in-game content, the Collector’s Edition comes with 11 different pre-order costumes that includes (which can also be received in the regular release version, in different combinations, depending on where you pre-order the game):
- Disney / Pixar’s Toy Story 3’s “Aliens” Sackboy Costume
- Disney’s TRON: Legacy “Clu” Sackboy Costume
- The Muppets’ “The Great Gonzo” Sackboy Costume
- PlayStation’s “Ratchet” Sackboy Costume
- PlayStation’s “Clank” Sackboy Costume
- Even More Animals’ “Crocodile” Sackboy Costume
- Even More Animals’ “Vulture” Sackboy Costume
- Even More Animals’ “Cobra” Sackboy Costume
- Even More Animals’ “Mandrill” Sackboy Costume
- And exclusive to LBP2’s Collector Edition
- PlayStation’s “Jak” Sackboy Costume
- PlayStation’s “Daxter” Sackboy Costume
- 5 exclusive LBP2 PSN Avatars
Continue for Final Fantasy XIV Collector’s Edition details:
FFXIV has announced a few new changes at E3 over the past few days and some are pretty exciting.
1. FFXIV will be in 3D on the PS3.
2. Larger Linkshells will be assigned something called “Company”. This will give them a website and display various stats of the members and group! This one is very exciting for me.
3. There will be secret areas.
4. There will be high end armor for each class.
5. New classes will be released even after the game is released.
6. The beta will be starting very soon.
7. There will be something called a “Retainer” which will allow players to leave their character or avatar so they will be able to enjoy the game offline and people can see them.
Last but not least…the official benchmark of FFXIV showing off one of the games opening scenes in either low res or high res. I scored around 2500 myself. Direct Download
Square Enix just released the first gameplay video of Final Fantasy XIV via their official FFXIV channel. The video, with the title “Life in Eorzea” shows us what type of life they have in Eorzea, accompanied of course by an amazing music score.
The video introduces us to merchants, chefs and other workers in Eorzea. No actual combat was featured so don’t get all dissapointed, I’m sure well be getting that soon.
Finally some real news of FFXIV! Its been a while since we got some juicy news about this highly anticipated MMO. We have details of 2 of the basic jobs as well as some of the weapons. It seems weapons different weapons will play different roles from attack to defense to skill etc.
Greatly awaited new info revealed!
With the announcement of the campaign code for FFXIV enclosed in the first wave of FFXIII’s released and today’s announcement of gladiator and pugilist class details and weapons, things for FFXIV finally look like they’re going to start heating up. Today we bring you the info on the variety, visuals, and even the feel of these weapons in breathtaking detail.
Gladiator, the swordsman!
The freely attacking and defending tank
The gladiator is a melee fighter that brings sword and board to battle and boasts a great variety of one-handed swords to choose from: from short swords to long swords, double-edged straight blades to single-edged curved blades. The variety is not just in his selection of weapons, but also the way he uses them. A gladiator can take up his shield to protect his allies, or leave one hand open to focus on attack power, and this flexibility in battle is sure to become his strength. The gladiator can also throw daggers at his enemies, adding even more to this diverse fighter.
(From left to right by picture, not text)
The Winged Blade, Hawktail
This sword has wing decorations on the hilt. Light, sharp, and elegant, this sword is popular among defensive swordsmen.
The All-Purpose Bastard Sword
This long sword has both the slashing power of the Ul’daha swords and the thrusting power of Ishgard’s.
The Ancient Gladius
This classic foot soldiers’ weapon is still used today in sword fighting. Though its reach is short, it makes up for it with a strong blade that is easy to swing.
(His shields are on the next page, to his right, top to bottom)
This widely used shield is often decorated with spiritually symbolic images.
The Mechanical Shield, Lantern Shield
This is a mechanical-type shield with a built-in lantern. The picture shows two swords built into the shield, but these are incredibly difficult to use.
Pugilist, the brawler!
The Martial Arts Punisher
This hand-to-hand fighter is a master in traditional arts of self-defense. Although his fists alone could be considered weapons, the pugilist specializes is using hand-to-hand weapons to increase their power in battle. However, the pugilist must stay in close to make his he lands his blows aimed at his opponent’s vitals. Some pugilists use chakrams to gain their opponents’ attention.
(From top to bottom)
Battle Claws, Baghnahks
Made with the image of a tiger’s claws in mind, these traditional Eastern claws rip into an opponent’s flesh. The claws can be tipped with poison.
Bone Fist, Hora
These weapons can be made from bone, horns, or shells. They are not very sturdy, but it is said that they hold the instincts of the animals from which its materials were taken.
Defensive Fist, Himantes
These are the official weapon used in the Ul’daha martial arts tournaments. This light weapon is made of leather and is known for the way it protects the user’s fist.
Heavy Fist, Cestis
Made of heavy metal rings wrapped in thick leather with protruding spikes, these weapons are widely valued for their use in deathmatches with monsters.
Iron Fist, Metal Knuckles
This is a weapon made from a ring of metal with one end held in the fighter’s hand. Because of the sheer weight of the weapon, the power of its blows separates it from the other weapons.
Today’s Famitsu also included information about the FFXIII campaign, saying that the campaign code will be available in the first wave of FFXIII packages released, including those bundled with the Lightning Edition. There will be a special site opened after service for FFXIV starts, and users that input their code there will receive a special in-game item for FFXIV, but this is a campaign for Japan only.
There you have it. I hope you enjoy this information, and let’s hope even more information isn’t far off!