Archive for category Ico / Shadow of the Colossus
Earlier today, a couple updates went live for two PS3 games, the God of War collection and the Ico/Shadow of the Colossus collection, that enable the remote play feature on the PlayStation Vita to handle these games. This means people that own those two games for PS3 can now stream them to their Vitas via the aforementioned Remote Play feature.
For those wondering about L2 and R2 inputs, those can be mapped to the rear touchpad, which, in my opinion, is a good way to map them. Maybe we’ll see even more titles that use it in the future? Would you be more inclined to pick up a Vita if more software supported this feature?
The countdown has started and we’re now only less than a month and a half away from the release of the ICO/Shadow of the Colossus Collection! To celebrate I bring to you information on the included bonus content that you’ll find on your shinny new Bluray purchase on September 27th, 2011.
Five Exclusive Bonus videos:
* Early concept and prototype video montage of ICO
* Early concept and prototype video montage of Shadow of the Colossus
* Initial concept video for NICO, a game that was never made but turned into Shadow of the Colossus, including an on-camera introduction from creator Fumito Ueda
* Candid 20+ minute round-table discussion between Fumito Ueda (creator), Kenji Kaido (producer) and Junichi Hosono (designer)
* 12-minute behind-the-scenes video filmed on location at the SCEI offices in Japan. This video features interviews with key production staff members about the making of ICO, Shadow of the Colossus, and The Last Guardian, as well as concept art and prototype footage of all the games, and exclusive never-before-seen footage of The Last Guardian
SCEE confirmed that the the ICO/Shadow of Colossus Collection is to be delayed from its original release date of Spring 2011 as well as The Last Guardian which was originally set for Holiday/Winter 2011.
Fumito Ueda had this to say:
I announced at last year’s Tokyo Game Show that the release timing of The Last Guardian which is currently being developed would be holiday 2011.
However, to provide more challenging and better quality of content to users and to fulfill First Party Studio’s obligations, I decided to postpone its release timing.
All the members of my production team are working together at a fast pace to develop and release the game in First Party Studio quality.
I sincerely apologize to all the customers who have been waiting for “The Last Guardian” for so long, but I beg for your patience. I will also announce the new release timing at a later time.