Archive for category Killzone 2
So it’s been a while since we got together for a games night. Killzone 2 now has 3 map packs consisting of 6 extra maps. I propose that we get together tonight for some Killzone 2 action!
If you’re not already in The Mockers, you can join our game anyway. (You just need to have a friend in the Mockers to find the game.) Or you can join The Mockers by following this link.
I’ll be setting up a game tonight at 10pm EST. Come join the fun! Please respond to let me know if you’re coming.
So, some of you know that PS3Blog has its own clan for Killzone 2. And I heard that activity died real fast. I decided last night to download the Killzone 2 map bundle(11.99) and get a game going. I was thinking Wednesday at 9 o’clock eastern time. This is where you tell me if I should add the new maps or not, because i’m not sure if you all have it or not. (You have no idea how hard it was not to say y’all.) Or give me a better day for you and we’ll work it out. By the way, my psn is Thepreppymonk.
As I’ve mentioned in a previous post, there’s going to be another DLC pack coming our way, entitled Napalm and Cordite. It includes the two new maps Suljeva Cliffside and Arctower Landing. Today, we have a few more morsels, including the above trailer.
Previously mentioned on the official blog was that the new DLC will bring two weapons into the multiplayer scene, carried over from single player. These are the VC1 flamethrower and Boltgun 4400 (my personal favorite). Here are a few details, according to the posting up on the official blog:
Both of these weapons radically alter the Killzone 2 multiplayer dynamic, delivering an experience that’s as fresh as it is intense. If you’re a veteran Killzone 2 online player looking to mix it up, or if you simply liked wielding these weapons in the single player campaign, Napalm & Cordite is your ticket. Look for it on the PlayStation Store July 23rd!
Now I just gotta find the money to get it! Also, IGN has an interview with Guerrilla Games about the upcoming map pack.
Guerrilla Games just posted an update on the official blog pertaining to the upcoming “Patch 1.28″, which is set to be released Tuesday, July 14th at 8AM GMT worldwide (for those of us in the states, that 12AM Pacific). When the patch is released, the servers will be down for testing and whatnot to make sure everything is stable, so keep that in mind. Here’s a few of the patch changes/additions/fixes:
- Feature – Detailed information screen when browsing games. Items displayed include: Friendly Fire, Faction Balancing, Custom Weapons and Custom Badges as well as the region, game size, selected maps and allowed Missions and Badges.
- Feature – Higher values for Bodycount mode. Players can now create games with 5, 10, 15, 20, 25, 50, 100 and 200 points to increase the time of the mode for 32 player games.
- Feature – Moderators can now create double-points events.
New loading screens.
- Fix for network error displayed when trying to log in with another users account.
- Exploit – Radec Academy collision fix to prevent players being revived inside a pillar and using it to their advantage.
As far as the DLC goes, not too much has been released on that except for a few tidbits from the update and the maps’ names. It’s called “Napalm & Cordite”, which includes the two new maps“Suljeva Cliffside” and “Arctower Landing”. Additional details about the new DLC pack will be made public next week.
Great video, lol. Effects look pretty good. The new maps include Southern Hills and Beachhead, which is from Killzone 1 but reworked with the Killzone 2 engine. And it seems like you’ll have to keep on eye on exploding nukes and find cover before the blast kills you. I like that idea Here are some survival tips taken from the PlayStation.Blog
Helghast Field Manual 15: Surviving the Southern Hills
1. When you hear the siren, drop whatever you are doing. Just run like heck. A live soldier is a lot more useful to the Helghan Empire than a scorched, smoking one. You’ll only have a couple of seconds to get to cover, so don’t waste any time.
2. Science be damned! Just Duck & Cover! If you see the nuke going off the in the distance, simply ensure that you have a roof above your head. You don’t even have to close the windows or anything. Anyone caught outside will be turned into a something resembling jerky.
3. If you spawn in your base and hear the sirens going off, just stay where you are and the let the folks outside deal with the problems. You’ll be much quicker off the mark once the dust settles.
4. Sentry Bots and Sentry Turrets are not immune to the devastating power of the nuke. Don’t leave them sitting outside, or they will turn into burning chunks like anything else. Place Sentry turrets inside to ensure their safety and they will cut off the enemies path to shelter.
5. If you are inside, watch the doorways for enemies ducking inside to safety. Or even better, mow them down with an emplaced machine gun before they get anywhere near. That’ll teach ‘em to run like dogs!
6. Out in the open? Any base can be a safe spot from the impending nuclear annihilation. If you find yourself far from home, just go duck into the enemies’ base. Your chances of survival will be higher than out in the open.
7. The Bots in Killzone 2 do have a sense of self-preservation and when that siren sounds, they will try to save themselves as much as any living player. Follow them for the closest safe-spot, but make sure no sneaky ISA scum are hiding in there in the first place.
8. Repaired ammo boxes and Emplaced MG’s will not be destroyed by the blast, so you won’t have to repair them again.
9. Assassination targets! If the siren goes off, get to cover. I repeat, run like hell. Nothing worse than successfully defending the target and having it turned into smithereens before your very eyes and not being able to do anything about it.
10. If all else fails, climb up the ladder to the roof of the central base to get a good view of the explosion in the east. It might cause you a fiery death, but damn it the explosion is too sexy not to look at in all of its splendor.
So will you be picking this map pack for Killzone 2? I know I will.