Archive for category SOCOM Confrontation
It looks like Sony will be shutting down the servers for MAG and SOCOM according to the following post on the PlayStation Twitter account.
Read the rest of this entry »
The long awaited 1.50 patch for SOCOM: Confrontation is now live. For a list of the changes check out this post.
The long-time-coming patch for SOCOM Confrontation will become available Tuesday morning (Pacific time) and include features such as clan ladders, tournaments, private games, follow-a-friend and a calendar (among others). Here are some of the fixes and whatnot (from the Official PlayStation Blog):
Crashes, Freezes and Hangs Fixed
- Players being booted out of the game to the XMB while loading into gameplay.
- Players freezing on the loading screen going into and returning from gameplay.
- Loss of input issues that occurred when using the pause menu or scoreboard.
- Low frequency freezes when creating a clan.
- Players occasionally getting stuck on the Quick Match screen after selecting an invitation.
- Rare cases where players would become stuck in Spectator mode.
General Gameplay Updates
- Numerous improvements to lag and latency, as well as bandwidth optimizations.
- To eliminate exploits where players were escaping to outside of the playable space, many of the previously found routes are now blocked off. As a further measure, the playable areas are now surrounded by trigger volumes that will kill players attempting to find new exploits.
- Players are no longer able to plant claymores through pillars, walls and other objects.
- Target spotting will now default to OFF in all ranked games.
- Fixed characters occasionally getting stuck when planting flares in Control mode.
- Made the range players could plant the satchel more consistent between levels, in both Breach and Demolition modes.
- Commando reticles now turn green when targeting a VIP in Escort mode.
- Increased the priority of picking up the satchel so it can be picked up more easily when weapons and other objects are piled around it.
- Louder and improved footstep audio for characters that are out of view.
- Limited the angle that climb prompts appear at, character will no longer turn 90 degrees before climbing.
- VIPs no longer appear on the HUD Radar after being killed.
- Added the ability to plant Control flares and Demolition/Breach satchels while prone.
- Improved grenade throws, they now more closely follow the throw arc, added better wall detection to keep players from throwing grenades through walls and other objects.
- Fixed issues where different weapons would appear in characters hands to different players.
- Players can no longer take control of VIPs/Hostages through walls or other objects.
- Improved performance for the late joiner, host and all other players when joining a match in progress.
- The satchel will no longer appear in the incorrect location for players that late join Demolition and Breach matches.
- Fixed cases where the number of rounds won by each team could become out of sync.
- The death camera will stop following the character that killed your player after 5 seconds.
- In spectator mode, the button commands will fade out after 5 seconds.
- When selecting a weapon in-game the player’s custom loadout will not be overwritten, that can only be done in the Front End Armoury.
- Fixed cases where Detonators for Key Moments could become desynced, allowing them to be used twice.
- Multiple fixes for situations where characters could become invisible.
- Drastically cut down the Fade-In time at the start of the round.
- Fixed the jittering reticle when planting C4 and Claymores.
- Improved ability to plant the C4 on Breach walls.
- Resolved issues across all maps where players could become stuck when crouching or going prone in tight spaces.
- Closed an exploit where players could shoot through walls close to windows when using a scope.
Two more games are heading into the Greatest Hits, that little gem called Uncharted: Drakes Fortune or the somehow active, Socom: Navy SEALs Confrontation. For those who are planning on buying Uncharted 2, I highly recommend the first one. And for those who want Socom, I would wait for the big patch, whenever that happens. Oh and its only the game without the headset.