Archive for category Tekken 6
If your curious what Tekken 6 is like, this guy got it early and is playing it live for the world to see. I’m so jealous… If the video doesn’t load below, refresh the page.
[Update] Looks like he’s Offline. But it’s possible he’s just taking a break. So check back off and on.
Tomorrow, PlayStation Home will have a few new things to check out, including an all new Uncharted 2 space, which is made from assets directly from the game itself. The space includes three mini-games, one being the Mask Mayhem mini game, where you can search for scattered remnants of an ancient Ganesh mask, which will be added to your wardrobe upon finding all the parts.
There’s also the Torch Race, which I am assuming is just a basic time trial race. And finally, a new battle card game called Fortunate Thieves:
… where players will seek out treasure on maps that are fully dynamic (with weather and terrain effects,) all while using the expandable card pack to thwart one another with a bevy of treacherous tricks.
According to Jack Buser, this is pretty much a full-on game that you’d expect to pay money for (so it’s that in-depth), but is completely free!
Also coming to Home tomorrow are two new spaces for Street Fighter IV and Tekken 6. Apart from both spaces containing content for said games, there will also be 25 alternate Street Fighter IV costumes that will be available in the Mall.
Speaking of the Mall, at the Estates store, you will also be able to pick up the new Penthouse personal space, which is supposed to represent a luxurious urban condo (and with that comes a huge number of new virtual items as well).
And finally, we’ve all been having issues with Home since 1.3 came out, but there will also be a new patch to be released tomorrow morning to coincide with the release of all this content (v1.32), which aims to fix all the server and sign on issues we’ve been dealing with, so it should be far easier to get into Home now.
According to Cydoniax, the publishing is taking longer than expected, so the update will take place on Friday instead of tomorrow.
For those offended by ladies fighting over stuff in bikinis, turn away now. I liked the last one. But this one, meh.
Namco Bandai revealed today that they have finished the development of the next installment in the Tekken series. The game has taken that one step closer to it’s October 27th release date (North America). Expect a full written review when it is released. Along with that news, Namco Bandai also revealed details about the games online features for the first time. Check out the full list here.
Anyone else excited yet? I certainly am!
Namco’s adding more to Tekken 6 than just a simple online versus mode. Here’s what PS3 and 360 owners can look forward to in less that 18 days, give or take:
Ranked Match and Player Match:
-Rank up or work to improve your fighting skills by battling opponents worldwide in online versus mode with voice chat functionality.
Data Upload & Download:
- Create and upload customised ghost characters which accurately replicate your fight style;
- Any player in the world can download your ghost to take on your virtual self in a one-on-one battle even when you’re not online;
- Upload replays of killer matches to share with friends and opponents around the world.
Scenario Online Co-op:
- New feature coming this winter as a free post-launch downloadable update;
- Jump into intense two player online co-op campaigns against AI controlled enemies and experience the dramatic large-scale action with friends around the globe.
- Battle Points: online only, split between World, Asia, America and Europe;
- Rank: overall on and offline ranking, from Beginner to Tekken God;
- Additional rankings include Ranked Match, Scenario Campaign, Time Attack and Survival.
There’s also exclusive offerings for the PS3 version via HOME;
Exclusive PlayStation®Home features include:
Tekken 6 Title Lounge:
- Host Versus and Co-op Sessions: Gather friends and start matches from the Lounge within PlayStation Home; Online Scenario co-op mode coming free this winter;
- Home Rewards: Players have the chance to win exclusive costume pieces and furniture at the Lounge for their personal space.
Now how about some Tekken Bowl Namco?