Archive for category Uncharted: Drakes Fortune
I’ve been sitting here for the past 20 minutes looking at a blank screen on my iPhone4, not sure how to type this next article. Should I make it a “puff” piece? What should I do? Should I stick to the facts? Should I just base it on personal experience like I have with my past articles and hope you all don’t come after me with torches and pitchforks? What should I do? Should i just bombard you with sales figures and other overwhelming stats? What should I do? Should I NOT rip off Lebron James and just get to the point? That’s exactly what I’m going to do.
Let’s face it, the man is like Indiana Jones on steroids. He’s a downright, no punch pulling – hero. He’s also quite brash when facing danger right in the eye. He’s the kind of guy that doesn’t run from bullets, but takes the shortest path to them. He’s got zingy one-liners and a chiseled jawline. He knows how to handle himself in a fight and knows his way around a weapon or two. If you’re planning on going into a gunfight, you’re going to want this cat on your team. He’s got past loves and current ones. He has enemies and then he’s got people that just want nothing more on this earth then to watch him die slowly – the purest of villains. He’s also a complete workup of fiction. Created by a small Santa Monica development studio – Naughty Dog, way back in early 2006.
Although the Uncharted series on the PS3 has been a great success, it doesn’t seem like it’s getting as much love on the big screen. According to Los Angeles Times director David O. Russell (Spanking the Monkey, I Heart Huckabees, and Three Kings) seems to have dropped out of the project. It has now been reported by the Los Angeles Times that the studio is going to be starting. It seems that Columbia and the producers might try to attach a blockbuster cast to play the male and female roles for the movie before searching for a Director.
I for one would love to see this movie since I really enjoyed both games. I can only hope that they get a great director for the movie, someone that has that “Indiana Jones” or “The Mummy” touch. I do have to admit that I am extremely excited about the movie, but with 2012 being the end of the world. I’m not sure if we are ever going to see this come to fruition.
[tab:DLC Details]IGN has revealed some details on the upcoming DLC release for Uncharted 2: Among Thieves. First off, it’s pretty much based around the first Uncharted, with the new maps and skins inspired from the game that started it all. There are 2 new maps, as detailed below:
The Sunken Ruins is set during a lightning storm around the customs house from Drake’s Fortune. As rain pours down, you’ll crisscross a V-shaped map and dole out the damage. The Facility is the submarine pens from the first game – look for a rusted out U-boat in the front of the map and a bunch of cranes moving boxes around to block your perfect headshots.
As for new skins? “Drake, Elena, Atoq Navarro, Eddie Raja, Gabriel Roman and the enemy pirate Javier”, all from the first one. Beyond that, though, the DLC also includes new trophies and online medals, which are detailed in the next tab. The DLC pack will retail at $5.99. You can also get the skins and maps separately, the skins at $2.99 and the maps at $3.99. The trophies and medals? It’s been suggested that might actually be part of an upcoming update, so that still remains to be seen. The trophies are not going to be retro’d with older stats, so they will all have to be gained as if all your stats were back at 0.
[tab:Medals and Trophies]Multiplayer Medals
- Tip Off – Be the First Player to Grab the Treasure in Plunder
- Protectorate – Shoot and Kill 5 Enemies that were Damaging the Treasure Carrier
- No Cigar – Kill the Treasure Carrier while They are about to Score
- None Shall Pass – Get 5 Kills while in the Hill during a King of the Hill
- First! – Get the First Kill of the Game
- Finish Him! – Get the Last Kill of the Game
- Retaliation – Kill the Last Player that Killed You
- Defender – Kill a Player that is Actively Shooting One of Your Teammates
- That Was Embarrassing – Earn a Shutout in Plunder
- Put’em Down – Kill Someone in the Knockdown State with a Pistol Weapon
- Unlucky – Die 5 Times in a Row without Getting a Kill
- Tricky – Kill a Player with a Pistol Weapon while Hanging
- Sneaky… – Get 50 Stealth Kills
- Brass Knuckles – Get 100 Melee Kills
- Tastes Like Chicken – Get 20 BBQ Medals
- Rapid Fire – Get 7 Tripled Medals in Deathmatch
- I Told You I Was Hardcore! – Complete All 3 Co-op Objective Maps on Hard Difficulty
- Made It – Finish Wave 10 in one Survival Game
- Gold Digger – Finish Wave 10 in one Gold Rush Game
- Wipe Them Out… – Win 50 Deathmatch Games
- Plays Well With Others – Win 50 Objective Games
- Still Alive – Win 50 Elimination Games
- Plundered! – Get 200 Captured Medals
- Cold Blooded – Get 2,500 Kills in Deathmatch or Elimination games
With the recent announcement that InFamous has received a price drop, Fry’s Electronics is also having a special between now and Thursday where if you purchase InFamous (for $39.80 according to examiner.com), you get a free copy of the Greatest Hits title Uncharted: Drake’s Fortune. This would go perfectly with that new PS3 some of you may be getting for yourselves/others for Christmas, seeing as these are two great games! Hurry, though, you got less than a week left.