Archive for category Uncharted: Drakes Fortune
Although the Uncharted series on the PS3 has been a great success, it doesn’t seem like it’s getting as much love on the big screen. According to Los Angeles Times director David O. Russell (Spanking the Monkey, I Heart Huckabees, and Three Kings) seems to have dropped out of the project. It has now been reported by the Los Angeles Times that the studio is going to be starting. It seems that Columbia and the producers might try to attach a blockbuster cast to play the male and female roles for the movie before searching for a Director.
I for one would love to see this movie since I really enjoyed both games. I can only hope that they get a great director for the movie, someone that has that “Indiana Jones” or “The Mummy” touch. I do have to admit that I am extremely excited about the movie, but with 2012 being the end of the world. I’m not sure if we are ever going to see this come to fruition.
The Sunken Ruins is set during a lightning storm around the customs house from Drake’s Fortune. As rain pours down, you’ll crisscross a V-shaped map and dole out the damage. The Facility is the submarine pens from the first game – look for a rusted out U-boat in the front of the map and a bunch of cranes moving boxes around to block your perfect headshots.
As for new skins? “Drake, Elena, Atoq Navarro, Eddie Raja, Gabriel Roman and the enemy pirate Javier”, all from the first one. Beyond that, though, the DLC also includes new trophies and online medals, which are detailed in the next tab. The DLC pack will retail at $5.99. You can also get the skins and maps separately, the skins at $2.99 and the maps at $3.99. The trophies and medals? It’s been suggested that might actually be part of an upcoming update, so that still remains to be seen. The trophies are not going to be retro’d with older stats, so they will all have to be gained as if all your stats were back at 0.
- Tip Off – Be the First Player to Grab the Treasure in Plunder
- Protectorate – Shoot and Kill 5 Enemies that were Damaging the Treasure Carrier
- No Cigar – Kill the Treasure Carrier while They are about to Score
- None Shall Pass – Get 5 Kills while in the Hill during a King of the Hill
- First! – Get the First Kill of the Game
- Finish Him! – Get the Last Kill of the Game
- Retaliation – Kill the Last Player that Killed You
- Defender – Kill a Player that is Actively Shooting One of Your Teammates
- That Was Embarrassing – Earn a Shutout in Plunder
- Put’em Down – Kill Someone in the Knockdown State with a Pistol Weapon
- Unlucky – Die 5 Times in a Row without Getting a Kill
- Tricky – Kill a Player with a Pistol Weapon while Hanging
- Sneaky… – Get 50 Stealth Kills
- Brass Knuckles – Get 100 Melee Kills
- Tastes Like Chicken – Get 20 BBQ Medals
- Rapid Fire – Get 7 Tripled Medals in Deathmatch
- I Told You I Was Hardcore! – Complete All 3 Co-op Objective Maps on Hard Difficulty
- Made It – Finish Wave 10 in one Survival Game
- Gold Digger – Finish Wave 10 in one Gold Rush Game
- Wipe Them Out… – Win 50 Deathmatch Games
- Plays Well With Others – Win 50 Objective Games
- Still Alive – Win 50 Elimination Games
- Plundered! – Get 200 Captured Medals
- Cold Blooded – Get 2,500 Kills in Deathmatch or Elimination games
With the recent announcement that InFamous has received a price drop, Fry’s Electronics is also having a special between now and Thursday where if you purchase InFamous (for $39.80 according to examiner.com), you get a free copy of the Greatest Hits title Uncharted: Drake’s Fortune. This would go perfectly with that new PS3 some of you may be getting for yourselves/others for Christmas, seeing as these are two great games! Hurry, though, you got less than a week left.
IGN sat down with Richard Lemarchand from Naughty Dog, talking about what they’ve learned from the first game and the advancements they’ve made to the sequel since. I really cannot wait for this game! This will most likely be nominated for Game of the Year in so many categories. One thing I’m NOT worried about is that it won’t live up to it’s hype because Naughty Dog has always made amazingly fun games (the original Crash Bandicoot games on PS1, Jak and Daxter on PS2 and now Uncharted on PS3).
The above video is part 1 of the interview. You can view part 2 after the bump.