Archive for category Wipeout HD
Let me get this out there, I dislike racing games in any form or fashion. And I was never open to any other music than rock. But this, has changed my world. And yes, I’m new to the wipeout scene and yet I bought this, I hope that speaks for its own. For 9.99$ you get an abundance of content which was posted, here. I’ll get straight to the point.
Detonator This little beauty here is my favorite game mode among the rest. Why? Its easy. Fun. And gets gets harder as it progresses like the Zone mode. Its like Wipeouts own interpretation of the rail shooter. Targets are scattered all along the track, and players must use the on-ship guns to take them down. The ship can only fire ten bullets at a time, before reloading, so players must remain focused with their aim. A combo system encourages skillful shooting, as ten consecutive successful shots are far more valuable than ten shots alone. However, frugality comes at a terrible cost, as we’ve learned the hard way. Each lap introduces more targets to the track, and those that weren’t destroyed in the first lap become deadly bombs that deal significant damage to your ship. As each race progresses, it becomes increasingly difficult to simply stay alive, as players won’t be able to shoot fast enough, or weave between bombs quickly enough.
Zone Battle The Zone mode was my favorite mode in Wipeout before the expansion. But with Zone Battle, you have to gather up speed, stay not scratched and dodge barriers along the way. It sounds a lot easier than it sounds, trust me. Normally, I just gather up enough speed until i can boost my way to victory.
Eliminator Fun, this is just meant to be fun and not be pretty. If your familiar with the term, Kill. Kill. Kill. Then you know what this mode is all about. But it ain’t about just blowing stuff up with your weapons. Its also about strategically going ahead of all the players until you get your weapon of choice and well, you know what to do from there.
The Soundtrack I haven’t heard such an amazing soundtrack like this since I played Kingdom Hearts. Its turn me to listen to techno, and watch videos of people Deejay.
Presentation They’ve redone the menus, gave 13 new skins for ships, new modes that gorgeous, and made every penny worth it.
So if you own Wipeout HD, and have been wondering whether or not this is worth your money. It is. And if you don’t own Wipeout HD, get it and buy the fury expansion as well, its worth your money.
I bought this expecting standard expansion fare: a few new tracks and assorted extras. To my pleasant surprise, this is closer to a full blown sequel.
- 3 new game modes. 2 playable in online/offline multiplayer.
- 8 new race tracks (12 if you count both forward/reverse orientations on 4 of the tracks)
- 6 new music tracks
- 13 new hover ship designs
What Makes it Great
- Entirely new single player campaign mode.
- The menus and interface screens and transitions have been redesigned. They have cooler effects and animations and are easier to use; choosing your hovership is particularly more intuitive. Even if you play the standard Wipeout HD single player campaign, you still get the new interface (you can optionally disable it as well).
- The new race tracks add lots of new visuals and race design elements. They instantly look and feel different than the non-expansion tracks.
- Each of the three new game modes is very distinct and probably equal to or better than the best modes from the standard Wipeout HD.
- Did you like the dream-like neon techno visuals from Wipeout HD’s “zone” mode? Fury has lots more of these effects and they are better than ever.
The add on pack Fury for WipEout HD is out in less than a week on PSN.
The pack will be priced at £7.99 / €9.99 and will provide three new race types – Eliminator, Zone Battle and Detonator, 12 new tracks, 13 new ships, 6 new music tracks, a redesigned menu system, a new campaign to complete as well a host of new trophies to win. Oh and let’s not forget the additional ranks for you to achieve online.
To be honest I can’t wait. Been looking for a good excuse to return and this is just it, I’m sure Zone Battle will be popular on the servers.
* White Knight Transformation – During battle players can transform into the giant White Knight, gaining the ability to challenge large enemies as well as troops of soldiers throughout the adventure.
* Fully Customizable Avatar – Using a wide array of sliders and customization options, players will be able to create a unique character in White Knight Chronicles and this avatar will join the adventure in single player mode as well as online.
* Combo Battle System – Engage in an easily accessible, active turn-based battle system that caters to players of all levels. Execute straightforward attacks or utilize the fully customizable combo system to allow players to combine attacks for maximum damage.
* True Online RPG on PS3 – Experience the first true RPG action game on PS3 that incorporates a variety of online gameplay elements.
* Environments – Players will traverse through 13 stages as well as visit up to six towns/villages to visit and purchase items at shops or interact with NPCs. Stages include lush fields, open desert, vast wastelands, tunnels, and ruins.
* Multiple Playable Characters – Six playable characters are available, with up to three controllable characters on the screen at the same time.
* Ability to Build Special Weapons and Items – Combine different weapons and items to create a huge variety of weapons.
* Quests – Dozens of unique online side quests are available for players gain special items along with unique weapons and armor.
* Crystal Camera – Players are provided with a camera called the Crystal Camera and take pictures throughout the journey. Pictures can be set on the top of their GeoNet page.
* GeoNet – Players have the ability to write their own blogs and communicate with other players.