Archive for category PS3 Reviews / Vita Reviews
The Magic 2014 Expansion adds many hours of new gameplay:
• Five new playable decks: Unlock 280 unique cards over multiple battles • New campaign levels: Battle through six new single-player campaign levels as you explore the planes of Ravnica and Kamigawa • Five new challenges: Fiendish puzzles test your strategic thinking
To see my review of the original game click here.
The Netherworld – a place where might makes right and today’s friends are tomorrow’s enemies. After a long journey with many ups and downs, Laharl finally finds himself as a full-fledged Overlord. However, the other denizens of the Netherworld do not see him as such, so he sets out on a journey with his loyal(!?) vassals to receive the respect he deserves. Along the way, Laharl will meet a girl who claims to be his sister, demons with bigger than usual chips on their shoulders, and find out that even his own body holds a few surprises for him…
Disgaea D2: A Brighter Darkness is the newest Strategy RPG (SRPG) from NIS America. This game is a direct sequel to 2003’s Disgaea: Hour of Darkness (PS2) and follows Laharl on his quest to become the Netherworld Overload along with his vassal Etna and the fallen angel Flonne.
Dood! Disgaea D2 (also known as Disgaea Dimension 2 in its original Japanese version) is an over-the-top Strategy RPG, in which pretty awesome and surprising attacks can happen. Expect to have a very fun time while traveling in the Netherworld with the trio!
One dark moonlit night, a young boy named Kutaro was carried away by the maleficent Moon Bear King to a black castle where the unlucky lad was transformed into a puppet.
Kutaro displeased the terrible tyrant, who devoured the boy’s wooden head and cast away his body. But the headless hero was not alone, for he had discovered a very special pair of scissors to help him on his harrowing adventure to find his head, and his way home.
Puppeteer is a brand new franchise developed exclusively for the PlayStation®3 system by SCE JAPAN Studio. Set in a magical puppeteer’s theatre, this title will introduce you to a strange and fantastic world, where the environment is constantly changing. Players will enjoy a rich, dark fairytale where surprises lurk around every corner.
- Swappable Heads – The unique ability to change your head anytime you choose. Lose your head and you lose a life. Use your head and discover that you have the ability to change the world – Unique Platforming – Wielding a pair of magical scissors, Kutaro cuts and crops his way through the adventure – Dynamic Interactive Sets – Mesmerizing stage sets continually change to take you on a journey of discovery that will surprise and thrill – Theatrical Storytelling – Audience, lights, sets, music and narration all combine to create a mesmerizing, unique storytelling experience
In this psychological survival adventure, the masked protagonist must escape from a city ravaged by disease, by any means necessary. Lone Survivor: The Director’s Cut is a new kind of adventure where the choice of how to survive is up to you. Sneak through without firing a single shot, or kill everything in your path. Eat and sleep well, or resort to drugs to keep going. Search for survivors, or try to escape the city alone. Look after your mental health, or descend into madness. Lone Survivor is a game where your choices genuinely matter. This extended edition of Jasper Byrne’s horror masterpiece expands Lone Survivor’s deep story with hundreds of tiny new details, more locations, more dialogue, more side quests, more craftable items, and even two completely new endings. Lone Survivor: The Director’s Cut really is the ultimate version of this acclaimed game.
One of the most impressive hidden-object adventure games ever made, now available in the PlayStation®Store in a sumptuous high-definition edition! Help out James Voodoo as he investigates mysterious attacks through the forsaken hamlet of Ravenhill, the wealthy city of Richtown, and a variety of breathtaking sceneries inspired by major fiction genres: adventure, film noir, thriller, steam punk, and more!
- Sumptuous HD 1080p graphics
- More than 50 breathtaking scenes to investigate
- 15 hidden-object scenes, with hundreds of hidden objects to spot
- 13 puzzle games
- A captivating story told through voice acting, animations and cut scenes
- Over 15 atmospheric music tracks
- Support for PlayStation®Move controllers (DUALSHOCK® controllers also supported)
- 1 or 2 players.