Archive for category New Features
Over the past few days I have reworked & optimized a lot of the backend coding of the betting system we use here at PS3Blog.net, but I won’t bore you with the techie details. I also threw in a new feature for everyone. After you place your bet you will see a new link below the betting logs. When you click this, it will show what everyone would win if that bet won. Make sure to clear you cache if that link isn’t working properly. If you have any suggestions for the giveaway or betting system please let me know here.
After much searching and testing we have found a winner! When you post images or videos with this new chat, you can view them right in the chatroom. Pretty cool stuff. You can easily have private chats with other members too.
This is available only to members of PS3Blog.net so be sure to register, so you can join in on the fun we have in the chatroom. When you go to the chatroom page, it will pre-fill your nickname with your display name from PS3Blog.net which is handy.
Captcha is GONE, thank goodness! All you have to do is pick your nickname and connect. We sometimes do giveaways or post the bonus url link for getting a extra entry into giveaways in the chatroom.
This works well on mobile devices too. So far we have tested Palm Pre, Android & iPad and all work great! The link for the mobile version is on the chatroom page – http://www.ps3blog.net/chatroom/
So what are you waiting for? Come join us! A link to the chatroom is located under activity in the main menu and in the sidebar.
Ok, chatroom is in the sidebar. If you click menu and select “Hide userlist” then it will take the full width of the sidebar. I still prefer the full size chat myself. But for those who love the sidebar chat. Well there you go The sidebar chatroom will only appear on the home page though.
I’ve been working on this for the past couple weeks & now it’s finally ready! It supports betting on 2 – 5 different things. You can bet any amount you’d like as long as it’s between 50 & 1000 points. The more you bet, they more points you get if your bet wins! After you bet it tells you how many points you would win if your bet won. We can have up to 5 different bets running at once if needed! The betting system will track how many points you have bet and how many points you have won back too.
When the winning bet is decided, I just need to select the bet that won and it automatically awards all the points out to the winners and clears the logs so it’s ready for another bet. I can give access to other members to do this if needed.
Here is how the new notify area works. It displays the number of lotteries or bets you have not entered, in the top black menu. In this example there are 2 lotteries & 2 bets available. This user has entered 1 lottery & 1 bet. Leaving 2 that they need to complete. The ones you need to enter are always at the top of the list. When you click the menu item it takes you to the lottery or bet for easy reference.
So what would you like to bet on first?
Let me know in the Point Addicts group.
Side note: The PS3Blog.net Community has earned 905,434 points together! We got to do something special once we hit 1 million (pinky up) mark! You can see your percentage of all points earned by members by going to your personal points logs. I’m currently sitting at 8.06% myself.
I’ve spent the last few weeks completely rebuilding the lottery which we use for giveaways from ground up! This way we have a lot more control and will be easier for us to manage and for you enter the lottery as well. I listened to all your feedback and made sure it made it’s way into the new lottery system. I tested it meticulously to make sure all bugs where fixed. If you have any more feedback please leave a reply here in the forum. I’m very proud of what I’ve created. We have many more giveaways coming so you’ll be able to try out the new lottery very soon! There are a LOT of new features but here are the main ones:
- Social Entries: You can now EARN points for sharing the giveaway on Facebook, Google+ & Twitter! After you complete each entry and refresh there will be a icon showing your entry is successful.
- Stats: You can see how many point entries you have left. How many possible entries you have left, such as social entries. Plus your chance of winning. This is all displayed in a nice graph which changes color based on how many entries you have left to do or your chance of winning. Try to get them all green!
- Video Entries: We can now manually add video entries for a member right into the lottery logs!
- All Entries: Your entries into the lottery are now highlighted in the logs so you can easily see all your entries. Plus the logs are much more detailed. They show who entered the lottery, if they spent or earned points and the entry type.
- Twitter Follow & Google +1: You can earn points for following us on Twitter and +1 PS3Blog.net itself on Google. When you enter your first lottery from this point forward you will be asked to do those steps. If you already follow or +1 us you’ll be required to un-follow and remove the +1 on Google. Then refresh and follow and +1 us again on the lottery page. Reason for this is so we can get you some points for a follow/+1 but also so you never have to complete that step ever again on any lottery!
- Bonus URL Entry: We have the option to share a unique link with you in the Live Chat, Twitter, Facebook Fan Page, YouTube Channel, etc. Which will get you a bonus entry into the lottery and earn some points for it. BUT be quick, because only the first 10 that click it will get that bonus entry!
- Slick new tab interface
- Completely new look & functions
- Message boxes the help instruct you on how to complete entries and other information.