CAPTCHA Image

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search:

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Wildcard usage:
*  matches any number of characters    %  matches exactly one character

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

error code 80029564
2:14 pm
dave

ok so i got gt5 on disc not downloaded from the psn store ive tried at least 20 times to download the update but it comes up with the error code 80029564 its getting really frustrating now as the last attempt it was downloading for 2 hours n then came up with the error code can anyone help?

5:00 pm
CHEETO

I would Try one of these two methods, its either the server was not able to complete the request because its busy, in that case you should try downloading again later, or you could disable the SPI firewall in your router and try downloading again. I wouldn't recommend resetting your PS3 as some sites suggest, unless you want to go on with a painful back up process.
*Disclaimer: The ideas expressed above are solely the opinions of the author and do not necessarily represent a valid solution to your problem.* lol

8:36 pm
Admin
Forum Posts: 536

you could try deleting the game data that the game put onto the system as it might be corrupt. Make sure you turn the PS3's media server function off as well. UPnP being disabled might help as well.

JimmyMagnum Trophy Card
8:34 am
Guru
Forum Posts: 292

I did a little google search and found out some positive feedback to disabling your modem SPI Firewall.

Other people say simply waiting a little bit and trying again since this error is supposed to be related to not being able to connect to the server… personally, I always go for the solutions where you need to change something, it gives better results…

Forum Timezone: America/New_York

Most Users Ever Online: 349

Currently Online:
12 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

EdEN: 816

oly: 608

wolfkin: 382

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 196

Members: 15880

Moderators: 0

Admins: 3

Forum Stats:

Groups: 5

Forums: 23

Topics: 1000

Newest Members: Onlyhit

Administrators: Tosh (979), Jay (536), Tosh (56)