Please consider registering

CAPTCHA Image

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

Is PS+ an appropiate apology?
8:02 pm
Danny
Guests

Is PS+ an appropriate apology?

For all of us who have been paying an excruciating amount of attention to all of the PlayStation updates, we have been apologized too repeatedly, as it should be. We have lost our information to people we don't know. There isn't anyway you can shrug off a company responsible for the information you supply to lose it. They have tried to calm the situation down by offering us PS+ (PlayStation+ for those of us who don't understand) and other free DLC.

Well, in regards to PS+, any free games we download from it we won't be able to play after the subscription ends. Because in PS+, games downloaded will become invalid once the subscription ends. So where is the gift there? If anything, it pressures people to buy something they got a taste of, which leads one to think they could actually make a profit off of their "apologetic gift". Everyone gets PS+ for a month, likes it, and then become yearly subscribers. But that's talk full of conspiracy and I won't ask you to dwell on seriously. In regards to DLC, I highly doubt that we'll get any DLC we would actually want. Anyone
hoping to get some COD, Red Dead Redemption, or whatever DLC for your favorite game, can dash these high hopes due to their unlikeliness. If not our favorite games, then perhaps by DLC they mean just wallpapers and avatars. If that's the case, then it breaks down to this:

"Are a few probable wallpapers and avatars disguised as DLC, a teasing in regards to PS+ a worthy apology?"

10:53 pm
Enthusiast
Members
Forum Posts: 205

Well i dont think Sony has to do anything for us but what they offering is nice to see.  Of course i understand they long term thinking when it comes to PS+ give people a free sample hoping they will buy more thats just common business thinking.  Im just glad to see that they are doing something as an apology.

12:52 am
Members
Forum Posts: 2

Playstation Network is free anyway so it's brilliant that we all get Playstation Plus for a month thats about £3 , so in sony's mind thats great confused

4:26 am
Bear,DE
Guru
Members
Forum Posts: 361

You're getting a choice of free games as well. Not just the games from PS+

6:57 am
Members
Forum Posts: 56

Interested in what Sony puts into their free DLC category...the right selection could make many forget this ever happened (unlikely, but a Full Retail game as DLC would be really sweet!)

But I do agree, the free PS+ is pretty ridiculous! I mean, it seems like a free trail is something that should have already existed...and to call it part of an apology is appalling!

Then again, it is true that they didn't have to do anything. But I can't imagine that would go over well at all!

9:39 am
Members
Forum Posts: 44

ps+ isn't the only thing we're getting so hold back.

9:40 am
Resident Nintendo Nutjob
Forum Posts: 816

@Eddie: Didn't they say we'll get free DLC? At least I understood it as free DLC and not free PSN games...

@Danny: You'll have a full month to complete the PSN, minis and PSX game you'll get from the PS+ sub. You might even get 2 of each if Sony is feeling particularly generous. As far as compensations go, sure, it's nice. I'm a PS+ subscriber so I'll get an extra month added to my account.

12:35 pm
Members

I was always under the impression "DLC" encompasses everything. As in anything downloadable, and not only Retail game add-on's (as it seems you are reading it)

3:45 pm
Enthusiast
Members
Forum Posts: 229

already have plus so no. I rather have my personal information guaranteed safe then a free game or a month of something I already paid for. Now if they extend my plus by a month id feel better. Regardless all the free plus games expire when plus does so your not getting anything with plus for one month people.

7:07 am
Members

Beastxjason said:

Now if they extend my plus by a month id feel better.

Wish granted...!

10:36 am
Resident Nintendo Nutjob

myk26 said:

I was always under the impression "DLC" encompasses everything. As in anything downloadable, and not only Retail game add-on's (as it seems you are reading it)

Well, we're up to a point where DLC means "extra content for games". They could have said "digital goods" or "digital games" instead of DLC so that's why there seems to be sort of a mixup. Let's see what they cook up by the end of the month.

11:19 am
Members

I'm not claiming I know anything more then anyone here...but I've seen more then a dozen instances where DLC is meant as nothing less then anything downloadable (as in anything from added content to stand-alone content)

That being said, after playing the Outland demo on XBLA lastnight. I would GLADLY take just that as compensation!!!!

....compensation. I have to laugh every time I say that. Honestly, I don't feel I deserve compensation at all! I'm only a PS3'er occasionally, but I'll sure as hell complain with the mass's for getting the short end! (facepalm's self)

1:58 pm
Members
Forum Posts: 6

Playstation Plus really hasn't "wowed" me in a while. Maybe I expected too much? Seems like a lot of avatars and themes and not enough substance.

6:41 am
Guru
Members
Forum Posts: 292

I'm not a PS+ subscriber, but I agree with him.

To me, the most decent things available for PS+ users are discounts, and I hardly think they add up to $50 a year.

10:29 am
Members
Forum Posts: 64

PSN+ is a shoddy thank-you gift. It's a transparent attempt to raise additional revenue, by either getting people to buy games with the Plus discount, or to subscribe to Plus. Or, hey, maybe Sony will just drive more disgruntled people into the arms of Microsoft when they realize that their free PSN+ "thank you" games expire at the end of the PSN+ trial period. What will people really get out of this deal? Some free avatars or themes are all they'll get to keep. (Well, and free DLC, potentially.)

I recognize that Sony needs to get their income stream going again ASAP, but c'mon, Sony, don't try to pretend that an obvious money-making ploy is a boon to people. For the sake of full disclosure, I'm a PSN+ subscriber (with somewhat mixed feelings about the service, though I'm generally happy with it), so hey, a free month makes me happy. However, I suspect that others, principally those who aren't currently PSN+ subs, will end up being less than enthusiastic about this "gift," and they may even feel rather used by it.

12:38 pm
Members
Forum Posts: 3

premiersoupir said:

PSN+ is a shoddy thank-you gift. It's a transparent attempt to raise additional revenue, by either getting people to buy games with the Plus discount, or to subscribe to Plus. Or, hey, maybe Sony will just drive more disgruntled people into the arms of Microsoft when they realize that their free PSN+ "thank you" games expire at the end of the PSN+ trial period. What will people really get out of this deal? Some free avatars or themes are all they'll get to keep. (Well, and free DLC, potentially.)

I recognize that Sony needs to get their income stream going again ASAP, but c'mon, Sony, don't try to pretend that an obvious money-making ploy is a boon to people. For the sake of full disclosure, I'm a PSN+ subscriber (with somewhat mixed feelings about the service, though I'm generally happy with it), so hey, a free month makes me happy. However, I suspect that others, principally those who aren't currently PSN+ subs, will end up being less than enthusiastic about this "gift," and they may even feel rather used by it.

I'm not fussed if I don't get to keep my PS+ stuff after the end of the trial, avatars and themes are okay because I use them everyday but DLC, I'd complete that straight away so it's over and done with quickly. I'm not bothered if we don't get a thank-you gift at the end of all this mayhem, I just want online back.worship

8:16 pm
Members
Forum Posts: 44

people in EU land are getting 2 out of a possible 5 games free. that's enough for me.

10:09 am
Resident Nintendo Nutjob

@Ajescent: AND if you're a PSP user that has linked your PSP to your PSN account you also get 2 free PSP games out of a list of four. I hope this comes to the US as well but I'd rather have them do it with digital copies by way of PSN to speed things up.

6:00 am
Members
Forum Posts: 2

EdEN said:

agreed, the free games is enough for me. im not expecting much for a network thats free i just want the network up and running, thats all i care about.worship

heres somthing to think about; if psn gave all users 1 game each at £3.00 a game and theres about 27000000 actual psn users, thats £3.00 x 27000000 and they are giving you 2 games for free plus the price i chose is random. you do the math thats a lot of money they are investing into somthing you dont pay for. on top of that is the ps+ you will be getting, dont you think thats enough?confused look at the big picture its already cost them billions since the network has been down i think it was 37 billion since i last checked, your just lucky they didnt give up on the psn completlyak47 (yes they can do that). alls i want is my psn back, my xbox suks bigtime "2 minutes i think a helicopters landing in my back garden, ohh sorry its my xbox".

yes i think its enough. smile

11:17 am
Members

After seeing the free games list....I'd expect some mixed reactions.

Like myself, who has only owned a PS3 for 5 months now, the list is much welcome! I'd love to have any of those games (sans Stardust HD).

But for the seasoned PS3 lover, I can't expect that list to offer much to them.

Forum Timezone: America/New_York

Most Users Ever Online: 349

Currently Online:
8 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

oly: 608

wolfkin: 382

Eddie: 361

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 188