CAPTCHA Image

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search:

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Wildcard usage:
*  matches any number of characters    %  matches exactly one character

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

My PS3 Launch 60GB died! Yellow light of death, game stuck inside!
10:39 pm
Forum Posts: 7

Just like the title says, my launch 60gb PS3 died tonight.cry  10 minutes into a BFBC2 match it just shut off.  It's clean and dust free, well ventilated in a 68 degree year round room, and now my game is stuck inside of it.  It won't eject and the support site says that they aren't responsible for items sent in with the PS3.  RAAAAAGGGGGGEEEE!!!yell

So I go to the request service site and they want to offer me a Slim PS3 120gb for $119 plus tax and $29 dollar shipping (WTF on the Shipping?) so the total comes out to $150 something.

Funny thing is this PS3 was worked on once before by sony (3 months after launch). So what should I do?  Anyone know how to get the disk out short of tearing it apart? Will they send my game back?  If they keep it,  RAAAAAGGGGGEEEE!!!!yell

Anyone wanna donate a few bucks to get me back on the PSN???  lol

I'll take any donations…I'm struggling!

9:19 am
jjred

That's so funny!  Mine died yesterday!  Original 60 GB launch model.  Same exact thing happened – playing MW2 and it just froze and shut off with a flashing green, yellow, red sequence.  Called Sony and they offered the same deal to replace with a refurbished 120 GB Slim.  Asked Sony why the 60 GB models sell for mkuch more than all the other ps3 models and hhe said he didn't know anything aboiut that.  Why do the 60 GB models sell for so much more than all the other models?

Anyway, you can get your disk out – just keep cutting the power and turning it back on and off and eventually you can eject the disk.

2:45 pm
Admin
Forum Posts: 536

because the 60GB has backwards compatibility, more USB slots, and card readers pretty much

JimmyMagnum Trophy Card
11:28 am
Forum Posts: 7

I think I'm just going to do the $119 exchange for a New 120gb Slim.  I don't want to risk the heat gun fix or the oven fix, just to have to do it again in 3 months.

Now to come up with $119…… lol

confused

Forum Timezone: America/New_York

Most Users Ever Online: 349

Currently Online:
5 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

EdEN: 816

oly: 608

wolfkin: 382

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 193

Members: 15870

Moderators: 0

Admins: 3

Forum Stats:

Groups: 5

Forums: 23

Topics: 996

Newest Members: Onizuka83

Administrators: Tosh (979), Jay (536), Tosh (56)