CAPTCHA Image

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search:

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Wildcard usage:
*  matches any number of characters    %  matches exactly one character

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

Premium PSN
5:40 am
Forum Posts: 20

Bummer…

http://www.afterdawn.com/news/archive/20533.cfm?ut…..awn.com%29

…""We will be building upon our current free [PSN] service offering with premium content and services to start the subscription model," says Hirai.

Hirai then emphasized that the foundations of PSN would remain free. "…

Of note, the online play and Netflix will still be free.  But I have to say I'm a bit disappointed.  I really hoped it would go the other way.  I figured with MS leading the way with it's service, and Sony playing catch up that eventually Sony's service would be such a close match to Live that MS would have to either dramatically lower or eliminate charging for XBox Live.  Now it looks like if anything it's going to work the other way… I guess I shouldn't be surprised.  These are huge corporations looking to make the most money out of their consumers, if MS can get away with it why not follow suit.  Hopefully it's not the begining of the end for free online play.

8:58 am
Admin
Forum Posts: 536

they said PSN as it is currently will remain the same. The premium content might just be for things like subscriptions and stuff and nothing to do with online gaming, so it really doesn't change anything. At least you can still play online for free (and I'm sure things like DLC and whatnot would still work the same way).

Details should come soon, though, but I'm sure it's not going to be a bad/negative thing

JimmyMagnum Trophy Card
11:30 am
Forum Posts: 99

You know
If they decided to charge a la cart for premium features (cross game chat, etc.) it could lead to more fuel for Microsoft's fire. Even if it is cheaper, it makes it harder to justify my personal transition to being an exclusive PS3 user. We shall see where they go though

http://card.mygamercard.net/lastgame/K1cks.png <a href=
12:34 pm
Admin
Forum Posts: 536
Forum Timezone: America/Denver

Most Users Ever Online: 349

Currently Online:
7 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

EdEN: 816

oly: 608

wolfkin: 382

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 191

Members: 15867

Moderators: 0

Admins: 3

Forum Stats:

Groups: 5

Forums: 23

Topics: 993

Newest Members: solariz

Administrators: Tosh (979), Jay (536), Tosh (56)