Warning: mysql_affected_rows(): Access denied for user 'newps3bl'@'localhost' (using password: NO) in /home/newps3bl/public_html/wp-content/plugins/simple-press/sp-api/sp-api-wpdb.php on line 212

Warning: mysql_affected_rows(): A link to the server could not be established in /home/newps3bl/public_html/wp-content/plugins/simple-press/sp-api/sp-api-wpdb.php on line 212
PS3 Bluray Drive problems: Could you solve them, and how? | General PS3 Discussion | Forum « PS3 Blog and Community | PS3Blog.net | PS3/Vita News, Reviews & Opinions

Warning: in_array() expects parameter 2 to be array, string given in /home/newps3bl/public_html/wp-includes/formatting.php on line 342

Gophermods PS3 YLOD Repair

Please consider registering

CAPTCHA Image

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search:

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Wildcard usage:
*  matches any number of characters    %  matches exactly one character

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

PS3 Bluray Drive problems: Could you solve them, and how?
2:18 pm
Turkey
Forum Posts: 33

Warning: in_array() expects parameter 2 to be array, string given in /home/newps3bl/public_html/wp-includes/formatting.php on line 342

I mentioned it for a brief while on the chatbox and got some answers, but this may be a better place to discuss the situation: It would be nice if we could share our experiences with our Blu-ray drive problems, and means to solve them.

I am on my second blu-ray drive on my PS3. First one died trying to read a probably faulty Dark Night Bluray, and now this one cannot detect my Mirror's Edge Bluray, 4 times out of 5 tries. This of course is getting me nervous.

Fleakitten mentions using a Bluray drive cleaner helped solve his problems. McLoki said he also had a similar problem but didn't mention how or if he solved it :)

Did you have similar problems, and could you solve them, and how?

8:26 am
Admin
Forum Posts: 536

I was having problems on most discs on the first try (still an original 60GB), but ever since I replaced my HDD with a 500GB (and blew out the dust within the opening), I haven't had any issues at all, with every disc working first try again Confused

JimmyMagnum Trophy Card
3:05 pm
Turkey
Forum Posts: 33

Note to self: Blow the dust out before doing anything stupid.

10:45 am
Resident Nintendo Nutjob
Forum Posts: 816

I own a PS3 Slim and so far I\'ve had no problems with the BR Drive. I DO clean it at least once a month to avoid any dust-particle residue to damage the drive or lenses, so maybe that helps in the long run.

Forum Timezone: America/New_York

Most Users Ever Online: 349

Currently Online:
7 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

EdEN: 816

oly: 608

wolfkin: 382

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 199

Members: 15882

Moderators: 0

Admins: 3

Forum Stats:

Groups: 5

Forums: 23

Topics: 1002

Newest Members: jforjamiex

Administrators: Tosh (979), Jay (536), Tosh (56)

Warning: mysql_affected_rows(): Access denied for user 'newps3bl'@'localhost' (using password: NO) in /home/newps3bl/public_html/wp-content/plugins/simple-press/sp-api/sp-api-wpdb.php on line 212

Warning: mysql_affected_rows(): A link to the server could not be established in /home/newps3bl/public_html/wp-content/plugins/simple-press/sp-api/sp-api-wpdb.php on line 212