Please consider registering

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search:

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Wildcard usage:
*  matches any number of characters    %  matches exactly one character

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

PS3 | Data Transfer Utility | Error: 80010029 80024611 80024611
9:00 am
The Grid
Admin
Forum Posts: 979

This nightmare started on Wednesday. I moved all my music, photos & videos to a external hard drive. I deleted all my PSN Games and made note of which ones I had and which ones I want to download again. Tried to do a data transfer and trust me I followed the directions exactly. It would NEVER finish, I tried it at least 4 – 5 times. I just kept getting error on PS3. Such as:

I did a lot of research on how to fix this. I rebuilt the database, I turned the internet connection off. Same stupid error! I noticed some people said that as rouge corrupt game data would cause this. But I was able to do a full system backup to a external hard drive just fine. I'm glad I did a full system back up to an external drive since that's what I went with anyway.

So I deleted some of my game data. Just the ones I was playing around time my old ps3 died. Still got a error…. so I deleted all game data and it finally worked. So all that transfered over was game saves … sigh.

Oh, forgot to mention I moved all my game saves to the PSN Game Save Cloud before I started this as well.

I was so sick of everything I just did a restore on the external hard drive which worked. But no I have to game data, so I have the joy of installing / downloading DLC, etc. For games I want to play again. JOY!

Worst …. transfer … ever!

8:00 pm
Resident Nintendo Nutjob
Forum Posts: 816

Mmm, my guess would be that you backed up to a non-FAT32 HDD and when trying to move to the Slim it won't recognize it. You can only move 32 GB of data at all for some reason (damn you FAT32!) so you SHOULD have just moved everything with an ethernet cable from PS3 to¬† PS3… but of course, since your phat is on a "don't use me for more than 2 hours" diet, it made everything more complicated.

Good thing you backed up your saves to the cloud since worse case scenario is you have to redownload all the stuff you want on the new system.

7:13 am
The Grid
Admin
Forum Posts: 979

Well I've backed up the hard drive before and it was at least 100 GB of data before & restored it as well in the past.

I also noticed after I moved everything to the PS3 Slim that some themes where corrupt so that might be another place to check if your getting those errors. But it did do a successful data transfer after I completely emptied the game data folder as well.

Man data transfer needs some work. Seems like if it allows a full back up to a external hard drive then a data transfer should work just fine ….

I think it's very foolish that movie bought off the PS Store can't move to a new PS3.. luckily I only bought 1 simpson's episode so I didn't lose much. I even tried to back up the video file separately and did a restore on the new PS3. Copied over fine, when I tried to play the video it said something like "You must renew the subscription for this title" pretty much buy it again please to use on this new ps3 .. wtf.

12:50 pm
Resident Nintendo Nutjob
Forum Posts: 816

As soon as I read that I couldn't move movies bought from the service it made the decision to NOT buy any movies very, very easy.

The whole data backup-transfer seems a bit like a hassle and I think if I ever change systems I'll just back up all saves to the cloud, sync trophies and hope for the best. Since I'll send my system to Sony in August for repairs, I essentially loose all my downloads since I'll get a refurbished unit so it's either "buy a new 320 GB slim, transfer everything, send 160 GB for repairs and sell it once it's back" or "re-download and reinstall 110 GB of content" for me.

Forum Timezone: America/Denver

Most Users Ever Online: 349

Currently Online:
7 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

EdEN: 815

oly: 608

wolfkin: 380

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 172

Members: 15848

Moderators: 0

Admins: 3

Forum Stats:

Groups: 5

Forums: 23

Topics: 984

Newest Members: ogyf

Administrators: Tosh (979), Jay (536), Tosh (56)