Please consider registering

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search:

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Wildcard usage:
*  matches any number of characters    %  matches exactly one character

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

PS3 Disc Errors after 3.01
10:30 am
Forum Posts: 20

I'm somewhat surprised this wasn't covered on the site yet, especially after some mentions of the Uncharted issues with 3.00.

http://www.joystiq.com/2009/10/01/sony-ps3-disc-dr…..are-issue/

I'm curious how wide-spread this problem is.  I'm a Netflix subscriber and after the 3.01 update we've actually had problems with Netflix discs.  We returned one movie that wouldn't play at all, the disc looked fine outside of a tiny dimple.  It didn't seem big enough to cause a problem, but the PS3 wouldn't read it so we figured that must be the issue and sent it back.  We received a relatively spotless copy a few days later and halfway through that copy it jerked and paused a bit then jumped ahead 10 minutes.  Something that's happened on scratched up DVDs we've rented before.   I had originally chalked it up to two unlucky Blu-ray rentals, but now I'm starting to wonder.  We've never had a single problem with playback before and we've rented dozens of Blu-Rays so far.  We haven't watched any other movies since so maybe my PS3 really didn't like the movie (it was terrible so I don't blame it).  After reading about this issue over the past few days I'm beginning to wonder if it's just a firmware problem.  Anyone here having any issues? 

I just finished Heavenly Sword and replayed Uncharted without a single problem (hadn't played it since the trophies patch) so my gaming doesn't seem to be affected.

Forum Timezone: America/Denver

Most Users Ever Online: 349

Currently Online:
6 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

EdEN: 815

oly: 608

wolfkin: 380

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 172

Members: 15848

Moderators: 0

Admins: 3

Forum Stats:

Groups: 5

Forums: 23

Topics: 984

Newest Members: LCaruana

Administrators: Tosh (979), Jay (536), Tosh (56)