CAPTCHA Image

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search:

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Wildcard usage:
*  matches any number of characters    %  matches exactly one character

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

PS3 Motion Controller VS Project Natal VS Wiimote
6:57 pm
USA, Florida
Forum Posts: 22

How do you guys feel about these 3 motion sensor devices?

7:00 pm
USA, Florida
Forum Posts: 22

I personally, don\'t really like motion control stuff. It brings in too many casual games. The wii for instance has made great sums of money off mediocre games with wrist twitching controls. And the sales make developers make more idiotic games. The balance of hardcore 360 and PS3 and casual wii is tipping. Dull motion controls somehow get sales with the casual / non regular gaming crowd. I personally don\'t want to see the PS3 and 360 go down the path of mainstream casual gaming.

9:45 pm
Admin
Forum Posts: 536

PS3 has the best system by far, that's for sure. It uses the best of both worlds and improves upon it. Natal is using tech that the PS2 has used since the eyetoy. The PS3 wand uses object tracking a lot better than a standard camera would

but I do agree about it dragging in a lot of casual games. Then again, that might bring more people into the gaming world and could potentially introduce them into more mainstream/hardcore gaming. Or it could have a negative effect like what you mentioned above lol

JimmyMagnum Trophy Card
3:38 pm
Forum Posts: 20

Hard to compare them I'd say.  Project Natal is definately it's own kettle of fish, not really a motion controller like the other two.  If it works like it looks like it will it COULD make navigating menus a breeze and a blast.  I'm mostly looking forward to using it for Netflix, but I'm curious of it's gaming potential as well.  Even if it's just menu navigation and an always on room mic, I'm pretty excited for it.  And if even half of the recognition and game controls work as demoed I'm even more stoked.  Seems like something that could potential benefit a lot of games as opposed to a wand that tends to limit what you can do. 

As far as motion controllers that are more game specfic… I think the Wiimote and the PS3 Wand compare pretty well.  Not having used the PS3 wand it's hard to say for sure but I'd guess that'll beat the pants off the Wiimote.  My Wiimote is terrible when it comes to accuracy and leaves a lot to be desired.  From what I understand the PS3 remote seems to be VERY accurate and looks to be a marked improvement.  I just hope Sony implements it better than they've implemented their previous add-ons.  From the PS2 HDD that was a waste of my money to the Playstation Eye… I'm not seeing too much support right away.  And to be honest it's really hard for me to be that excited about a new game controller period.  I like the standard controllers.  The Wii was a nice change of pace, but it's not what I pull out when I want to play games.  It's more of a gimmick or a fad to me.  Plus, if I wanted to play more motion controlled bowling I'd pop out that free PS3 game I got with my Qore subscription.

Forum Timezone: America/New_York

Most Users Ever Online: 349

Currently Online:
4 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

EdEN: 816

oly: 608

wolfkin: 382

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 195

Members: 15877

Moderators: 0

Admins: 3

Forum Stats:

Groups: 5

Forums: 23

Topics: 998

Newest Members: Madhatter

Administrators: Tosh (979), Jay (536), Tosh (56)