Please consider registering

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search:

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Wildcard usage:
*  matches any number of characters    %  matches exactly one character

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

[Fixed] PS3 Thinks Disc is Inside | Blue Light Remains On | Can't Insert Disc | Disc Loader
7:45 am
The Grid
Admin
Forum Posts: 979

So last night I casually eject a game that's in my PS3. But I notice after it ejects it the blue light remains on?? Now I'm not able to insert any discs into the PS3 …

After some searching someone said to hold the eject button for 10 – 15 seconds and you'll here it beep and try to force eject. Which I heard it trying to do, but I still can't insert a disc ….. I may end up buying the PS3 Slim Killzone 3 Bundle next week if there is not a quick fix for this and then I can worry about it later.

8:55 am
Bear,DE
Guru
Forum Posts: 361

this is what I found.

"You are going to have to take your DVD drive apart. When you do take it all the way down until you see the laser again,(we are starting all over just like when you cleaned the laser). Now look at the rollers, if they are open that means it thinks there is still a disc inside. While it is apart (please be very careful) plug your PS3 back in and hit the eject button, make sure that the rollers go forward and the laser and caddy go down. Next just place the top on your DVD drive and try to insert a disc, make sure the magnet is on top too. It should take the disc at this point.If it dosen't then keep hitting the eject and try to insert a disc again.. when you hit the eject with no disc in it, and it beeps twice then you know its reset and ready for a disc.Then go ahead and put your PS3 back together. What happened is your PS3 thinks that there is still a disc inside of it and won't let you insert another, until you reset the rollers and "dogs" it won't let you eject or insert a disc. "

9:32 am
The Grid
Admin

mm don't know if I want to take apart my PS3 or not ..

[Update: I've taken it apart and I'm looking at the "laser" now. Wish me luck]

1:31 pm
The Grid
Admin

Took a few times taking the drive apart and putting it back together but it is now WORKING! While it wasn't fully back together yet I testing putting it in and out almost 10 times. All where successful. It was cool to touch the (raw) heat sensitive buttons. Pretty interesting.

Eddie I tried what you said but that didn't fix it for me. I followed this video and that's what did it for me. It's pretty easy and you don't have to take much apart at all to get to the blu-ray drive.

YATTA!

Forum Timezone: America/Denver

Most Users Ever Online: 349

Currently Online:
4 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

EdEN: 815

oly: 608

wolfkin: 380

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 172

Members: 15848

Moderators: 0

Admins: 3

Forum Stats:

Groups: 5

Forums: 23

Topics: 984

Newest Members: mindurbusiness

Administrators: Tosh (979), Jay (536), Tosh (56)