CAPTCHA Image

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search:

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Wildcard usage:
*  matches any number of characters    %  matches exactly one character

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

PS3 XMB running Slow
9:40 am
Forum Posts: 16

I admit, I haven’t been treating it wisely lately. Once I kept it running for 2 days, downloading some demos and games from the PSN. I’ve noticed a slight slow downs in the overall performance, Mainly in the XMB. The dashboard is slowing down some how, especially when I navigate through my PSN games or friends list. Sometimes it freezes for a second. I am not quite sure what the problem is. I have followed your tutorial on rebuilding the database with no luck. Also I've tried option 3 in the boot menu and the problem still exists. Thankfully my in-game experience is fairly smooth. I am still able to run my games with no slow downs nor freezes. I am a little concerned to be honest. I hope this problem doesn’t escalates to full freezes or something beyond repair. Prices for PS3 where I live are not cheap as you might know and we don’t have Sony support in my region. I have looked this problem up online, some people refer it to the software update, which I was running just fine till I installed the Gotham Impostors beta ”I have deleted that” and some others think its the first step before having the infamous YLOD. I am freaking out! Do you have any advice, thread to refer me to, or even an expert? I’d appreciate it.

Update: Problem gotten worst, Some of the PSN games are unplayable … check this video

10:35 am
The Grid
Admin
Forum Posts: 979

Heard you fixed it. What steps did you take to fix it? In case other have a similar issue

1:51 pm
Enthusiast
Forum Posts: 228

Proven.

Clear all recieved and sent messages

Sync Trophies

GT5 also helps with a clear cache option found in settings

11:59 am
Resident Nintendo Nutjob
Forum Posts: 816

If the problem appears again, it could also be a database problem. Turn of your PS3. Turn it on by holding the power button until it turns off by itself. Now, turn it on while AGAIN holding the power button until you hear several beeps and release the button to be taken to the system menu. Select option 4 (Rebuild database). This will delete your playlists and your messages but rebuild the database. Should help your solve this if it happens again.Just back up any saves and sync your trophies to be on the safe side.

Forum Timezone: America/New_York

Most Users Ever Online: 349

Currently Online:
7 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

EdEN: 816

oly: 608

wolfkin: 382

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 196

Members: 15880

Moderators: 0

Admins: 3

Forum Stats:

Groups: 5

Forums: 23

Topics: 1000

Newest Members: Onlyhit

Administrators: Tosh (979), Jay (536), Tosh (56)