Warning: mysql_affected_rows(): Access denied for user 'newps3bl'@'localhost' (using password: NO) in /home/newps3bl/public_html/wp-content/plugins/simple-press/sp-api/sp-api-wpdb.php on line 212

Warning: mysql_affected_rows(): A link to the server could not be established in /home/newps3bl/public_html/wp-content/plugins/simple-press/sp-api/sp-api-wpdb.php on line 212

Warning: mysql_affected_rows(): Access denied for user 'newps3bl'@'localhost' (using password: NO) in /home/newps3bl/public_html/wp-content/plugins/simple-press/sp-api/sp-api-wpdb.php on line 212

Warning: mysql_affected_rows(): A link to the server could not be established in /home/newps3bl/public_html/wp-content/plugins/simple-press/sp-api/sp-api-wpdb.php on line 212
Reinstall System Software | General PS3 Discussion | Forum « PS3 Blog and Community | PS3Blog.net | PS3/Vita News, Reviews & Opinions

Warning: in_array() expects parameter 2 to be array, string given in /home/newps3bl/public_html/wp-includes/formatting.php on line 342

Gophermods PS3 YLOD Repair

Please consider registering

CAPTCHA Image

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search:

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Wildcard usage:
*  matches any number of characters    %  matches exactly one character

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

Reinstall System Software
9:05 am
Hng

Warning: in_array() expects parameter 2 to be array, string given in /home/newps3bl/public_html/wp-includes/formatting.php on line 342

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone has the same issue I have which is that my PS3 now states that it could not read the system software and that I have to reinstall.  It was just working fine a few minutes ago.  I called Sony and they advised me to upload the 3.55 system update from their website onto a flash drive and upload.  Following the direction prompts on the screen, it uploaded fine.  Then, when installing, it froze at 99%.  I called them back and they tried to walk me through to get to safe mode to upload but everytime I turn the unit on it went directly to the install screen and freezes at 99% yet again.  The third time I called, they said my unit now needs to be serviced.  While I understand things like this happen, I do not understand, how a perfectly working unit at one time all of suddens becomes corrupt.  Support didn't have any answers either.  Any feedback would be appreciated.  Thanks.

5:43 pm
Forum Posts: 25

I'm not sure if it will work for this kind of issue, but you could try a Restore File System. If the firmware is corrupt it will detect it, and it should sort it out on it's own, by reinstalling it. You can find the instructions online on how to go about booting the system up to do this. Just make sure you follow it step for step, or else you might choose an option that wipes the drive.

Forum Timezone: America/New_York

Most Users Ever Online: 349

Currently Online:
11 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

EdEN: 816

oly: 608

wolfkin: 382

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 199

Members: 15882

Moderators: 0

Admins: 3

Forum Stats:

Groups: 5

Forums: 23

Topics: 1002

Newest Members: jforjamiex

Administrators: Tosh (979), Jay (536), Tosh (56)