CAPTCHA Image

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search:

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Wildcard usage:
*  matches any number of characters    %  matches exactly one character

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

Should Sony introduce Sackboys as an equivalent to Nintendo's 'Mii's and Microsoft's Avatars
1:22 pm
Forum Posts: 8

Although I am not a huge fan of avatars or 'Mii's it seems to add a sense of personality or a way to express oneself without having to make people read your about me section. Now Sony does have the Home Avatars, but they personally I find them to realistic and rigid. They look a lot like the mannequins you find at clothing stores. They seem to be missing the charm Mii's and Avatars have and maybe even Sackboy's have…?

I think from here on, Sony should totally use the Sackboy as more than just LittleBigPlanet (I believe, it has appeared in Hot Shots Golf??..)
Not only would the customizable Sackboy be a good avatar for PSN users, but it would also add personality to a lot of the Move games that are out currently, which in my opinion lack a certain level of personality.

Don't get me wrong, I think Sports Champions is great, i am not a huge fan of the stereotypical characters which you play as.

So what do you guys think? Should Sony use the Sackboy to compete with Nintendo's Mii and Microsoft's Avatars? And should they introduce them in games that are more than just LittleBigPlanet? 

1:32 pm
Admin
Forum Posts: 536

hmm, IDK, Sackboy wouldn't fit right with some games (like Sports Champions). I, personally, would love to see a more open avatar creation (even in Home) that is similar to superstar creation in the Smackdown games (TONS of options). As it stands, nothing really allows for me to make fat bodies like my own except for that one. You can also exaggerate some of the appearance as well so it's not too, well, realistic. Home avatars would be great if they were more like that.

JimmyMagnum Trophy Card
2:14 pm
Forum Posts: 22

Between Crash Bandicoot and Sackboy !!

Sackboy wins.

but I think someone or something else would fit the bill better than those two.

I would say Chuck Norris :P

9:27 am
Indiana
Forum Posts: 8

I like the sackboy idea it would be fun to personalize the little guy. But i also like the idea of maybe something like the playstation home avatar. But Chuck Norris would also be awesome. What about Mr. T

Forum Timezone: America/New_York

Most Users Ever Online: 349

Currently Online:
12 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

EdEN: 816

oly: 608

wolfkin: 382

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 196

Members: 15880

Moderators: 0

Admins: 3

Forum Stats:

Groups: 5

Forums: 23

Topics: 1000

Newest Members: Onlyhit

Administrators: Tosh (979), Jay (536), Tosh (56)