CAPTCHA Image

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search:

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Wildcard usage:
*  matches any number of characters    %  matches exactly one character

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

What features does the PS3 need?
5:48 pm
Admin
Forum Posts: 536

As the question implies, list things you think the PS3 needs/should be implimented. Should be pretty interesting to see a huge list compiled by PS3Blog.net readers that we could post up on the main page at the end of the year (kind of like a wishlist thing). I'll start it off:

Facebook/Twitter Implimentation (not really important to me, but a lot of people would like it, and it's a true possibility)

Full-featured console friendly Firefox/Chrome Browser (including Flash 10 and the ability to update)

Cross-Game Chat (which isn't something I care for, but is rather popular)

Ability to change font color on XMB

Make custom XMB shortcuts to launch specific web pages for the Firefox browser

More freedom in customizing the XMB

More streaming programs such as Hulu and last.fm, without the need for PC-based programs like PlayOn

XM/Sirius integration

That's all I can think of off the top of my head. Some subscription services would be nice as well, say, from satellite and/or cable companies that is included with the service (such as Sky coming to the PS3 supposedly next year), so anything they have "On Demand" will also be available to stream via the console. IMO, if they included all these features, the PS3 would be the ultimate media hub, and I think these implementations would be totally possible and free (apart from subscription services which would be through that company anyway)

JimmyMagnum Trophy Card
8:28 am
The Grid
Admin
Forum Posts: 979

Full-featured console friendly Firefox/Chrome Browser (including Flash 10 and the ability to update)

Couldn\'t agree more, I\'ve been wanting this since day 1.

Some ideas I\'ve had:

• Remove Locked Game Saves. Tie them to a PSN ID instead.
  • Remote play from a Website or Portable application to run on a PC or Mac.
  • Be able to add your own RSS Feeds
  • Record your video chat/audio chat while in the XMB. Might be useful for podcasts.
  • Install games to your hard drive.
  • Implement my Profile idea

That\'s all I have right now. If I think of any more I\'ll update my list.

10:33 am
Admin
Forum Posts: 536

oh yeah, the locked game saves! that's a big one. After I posted it, I, too, thought about RSS feeds. Im surprised that still hasnt made it over. a game install would be a nice option for those who have large HDDs.

Also, just to add from a reply to the original news post, Theo asked for MKV support, so I'm also going to throw more audio/video codec support for other file types.

JimmyMagnum Trophy Card
6:54 pm
Forum Posts: 1

What about the PS2 backwards compatibility? What about the tons of ORIGINAL PS2 games i already own?
I never touched pirate/copied games so i could support the game companies, Sony and so.. I never modchip\'ed my PS1, PS2 so i could support the game developers and you Sony! What will i do my PS2 games? They are sleeping in some huge boxes now! Damn!
Was removing the BC a \"Thank You for your Support\" for me, Sony?
Here comes my \"Thank You\";
I will never NEVER EVER BUY PS3 until i will see it will run my 524 Original PS2 games! And no, i will not buy an another PS2 console for the third time! Let me decide that, please!

Forum Timezone: America/New_York

Most Users Ever Online: 349

Currently Online:
6 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

EdEN: 816

oly: 608

wolfkin: 382

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 191

Members: 15867

Moderators: 0

Admins: 3

Forum Stats:

Groups: 5

Forums: 23

Topics: 993

Newest Members: Onizuka83

Administrators: Tosh (979), Jay (536), Tosh (56)