CAPTCHA Image

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search:

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Wildcard usage:
*  matches any number of characters    %  matches exactly one character

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

WTF! Does the PS3 always have this problem?!?!
8:19 am
Forum Posts: 56

Ever since I jumped into this whole PS3 thing I've been having the same damn problem with it! That being updating games…

As one who's come from the 360 world, I guess I've been spoiled as to how easy (quick, pain free, not even a hint of an issue) updating games have been. Kinda like the PS3 as soon as you start the game, it senses the update, you click "ok"….then literally, withing 8 seconds (at most) you're restarting the game with the appropriate updated file.

Now to this PS3 that I've owed since last Dec…

Game starts, senses update, click to DL update…..then I freeze somewhere between 0% and 100% (with "disconnect from Media Server" warning). EVERY. EFF'n. TIME! Seriously, last night I about yanked the damn thing out of my shelfing unit!

I played this "game" in January with the 9 game updates I had to install to play Uncharted (literally too almost an hour with all the restarts I had to do due to freezing)

Last night was with inFamous2….literally tried to update the game no less then 20 times. Not yet have I got the fucking thing all the way to 100%

Does the PS3 seriously have this kind of (HORRENDOUS) issue? Or did I just get a unit that can't do the simplest of tasks?

9:26 am
CHEETO

I bought my PS3 3 months ago. I had a 360 like you did and I know exactly what you are talking about. However, When you buy a game that had been out for almost 2 years or a year (in my case I am talking about Uncharted 2) then you should expect some downloadable content, bug fixes, maps, multiplayer add-ons …etc. I've noticed that PS3 exclusives have more updates than your average multi-platform titles and that's a good thing. It gives you a sense of the continuous support from developers of games such as Uncharted, Resistance, Killzone, which shows their Passion and relatively their commitment to support their titles and make PS3 owners experience more enjoyable. That is something I haven't experienced with major 360 exclusives whom still lack the support and are swarmed with glitches and other major bugs. I am not saying that you won't find glitches or bugs in PS3 titles, but you will barley notice any.

10:56 am
Admin
Forum Posts: 536

go to your network settings and make sure your NAT type is either type 2 or type 1. If it isn't, you might want to put the PS3 in the DMZ because your network might be blocking traffic to and from the PS3. Also, turn the media server function off and see if it does the same thing. This is the first time I heard of that problem

JimmyMagnum Trophy Card
11:06 am
Forum Posts: 56

Jay, THANK YOU! I will definitely try those when I get home. I hope your right…cause the way it kicks off does seem like I've got a switch wrong somewhere!

Cheeto, I'm not complaining about game updates. I welcome them! It's just the fact that I can't get them is whats buggin me….now your opinion of PS3 exclusive games offering more support then it's competition is something I will have to take up with you later.

Forum Timezone: America/Denver

Most Users Ever Online: 349

Currently Online:
8 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

EdEN: 816

oly: 608

wolfkin: 382

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 189

Members: 15865

Moderators: 0

Admins: 3

Forum Stats:

Groups: 5

Forums: 23

Topics: 992

Newest Members: solariz

Administrators: Tosh (979), Jay (536), Tosh (56)