Please consider registering

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search:

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Wildcard usage:
*  matches any number of characters    %  matches exactly one character

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

Arthur (2011) starring Russell Brand
2:20 pm
Guru
Forum Posts: 382

Everyone once ina while they make a movie about rich people and I generally find them insulting. This is one such case. The whole movie I'm supposed to feel bad for Arthur and at the end of the film. I don't. I barely felt bad for him when he was an "alcoholic".

Take the ending of the movie. Arthur (not reformed and cleaned up) goes to see his "aspirational girlfriend" at a book reading for her new kids book. The girl is finishing reading the book. Asks the kids if they have any questions and then right away cue the "You complete me" monologue complete with end-it-all kiss.

Am I the only one who saw that he basically boggarted the event from the kids? I mean those little kids might have somethings they want to talk about how about this douchebag stop being selfish and maybe wait until the kids were done and he can be the last question. He can still have his grand gesture and not step all over the purpose of the book reading.

Just one incident of many. I won't bother going into how that movie tries to demonize Jennifer Garner and even though I'm not blindly-opps-all-in-my-pants obsessed with her anymore she's still hotter than they portray her and her character isn't the bad guy they try to make her out to be.

http://www.yourgamercards.net/trophy/58/ramdomwolf.png
Forum Timezone: America/Denver

Most Users Ever Online: 349

Currently Online:
30 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

EdEN: 815

oly: 608

wolfkin: 380

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 172

Members: 15848

Moderators: 0

Admins: 3

Forum Stats:

Groups: 5

Forums: 23

Topics: 984

Newest Members: mindurbusiness

Administrators: Tosh (979), Jay (536), Tosh (56)