CAPTCHA Image

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search:

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Wildcard usage:
*  matches any number of characters    %  matches exactly one character

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

MoneyBall 2011 Review Starring Brad Pitt and Jonah Hill
6:12 pm
New Jersey
Enthusiast
Forum Posts: 168

Moneyball is a basically true story (with a very very small dose of comedy) about this guy named Billy Bean that was a GM for the Oakland Athletics (baseball team) back in 2002 or some time around there.  The movie starts off wiht a recap of some big Ball Game when the Oakland Raiders are fighting the New York Yankees in a game of baseball.  Brad Pitt plays Billy who is tired of the same old ways of making ball teams with Old guys running around seeing if they got the right shit, and just goes for Jonah Hill's style of "who gets runs and hits balls" for the cheapest amount of money.  Jonah Hill plays this fat guy named Perry something I think. 

The season starts off and Bard Pitt and Jonah Hill are getting their collective asses handed to them by the other teams.  This is due to the fact that the coach of the team played by the Seymour Phillip Hoffman (who was also in Ghostbusters), then after losing like 1-16, Brad Pitt shuts off his shit, and fires all the players that the coach has been swapping out his formula wiht.

Well after this, they go 20 wins in a row, only to lose the final game.  Then this big wig that looks kind of liek Alan Alda or Allen Aida (whoever the guy from M.A.S.H.), comes in with a big ass check for Brad Pitt to swap teams.  He wants Brad to do his style (which is actually Jonah Hill's Style (Which is ACTUALLY some other Pork and Beans Factory worker's style from the 20s)) to GM for them.  His thinking is with a Rich ass team like the Boston Red Sons using his MoneyBall theory, they can win with crazy good times.  And oh yea Brad Pitts has this doughter throughout the movie that plays a guitar and likes to worry about her dad losing his job.  Brad Pitt goes off to make his decision on the highway at hte end of the film, but his daughter's crappy cd changes his mind.   Cue the Black Screen Epilogue stuff.

———————————————————————————————————-

I walked into this movie with not knowing anything about baseball, and I wouldn't recommend it to someone who knows anything about baseball.  Cause you probably know whats going to happen.  But if you DO go into it, it's not that bad.  Took up 2 hrs and 45 minutes it was long Ill tell you that.  I was thinking about Gears of War 3 during the movie and I kind of forgot what was going on so forgive me if my synopsis is a little off.

3/5 Mozzarella Sticks out of 5

Darklurkr23 signing out!

Vote For My Controller! http://www.fraggednation.com/forum/topic/GamerModz-Giveaway-images-Start-voting-32496/-1
3:06 am
California
Enthusiast
Forum Posts: 118

nice review and yeah I dont know jack about baseball either. It got me interested for starring Bobby Kotick =). And wow it is a lengthy film. The critics praise it a lot though.

[PSN-LIVE-STEAM]
long2905
Forum Timezone: America/New_York

Most Users Ever Online: 349

Currently Online:
8 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

EdEN: 816

oly: 608

wolfkin: 382

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 195

Members: 15877

Moderators: 0

Admins: 3

Forum Stats:

Groups: 5

Forums: 23

Topics: 998

Newest Members: Madhatter

Administrators: Tosh (979), Jay (536), Tosh (56)