Please consider registering

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search:

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Wildcard usage:
*  matches any number of characters    %  matches exactly one character

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

Spy (UK) (2011) a.k.a. humor outside the norm
4:44 pm
Guru
Forum Posts: 382

http://i47.tinypic.com/wjuquf.jpg

A show I really like is Spy. It's a UK show and man do they like perspective gags. They're as common as cut-away gags on Family Guy. The jokes are often revealed when the camera pans to show the whole room or a different angle revealing something we couldn't see like the disembodied voice is really someone standing next to the main character or someone being referred to off-hand is really just lying on the ground. It's far funnier than it sounds when I describe it

Tim the main character is a normal if slightly dumpy guy who accidentally passes an admission test for MI-5. He's embroiled in a custody battle over his ultra posh son (Marcus) against his ex wife who is dating the school principle.

This scene is between Tim and the social worker that's trying to decide who gets to keep Marcus. There aren't a lot of humorous clips on YouTube for whatever reason. Probably because the name is so dull it's hard to find anything but the social worker is not so secretly in love with (and stalking) Tim. Judith's boyfriend also wants to be best buds with Tim. His MI-5 boss is psychotic. His son might as well be a cross between Recess and Mad Men.

http://www.yourgamercards.net/trophy/58/ramdomwolf.png
Forum Timezone: America/Denver

Most Users Ever Online: 349

Currently Online:
6 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

EdEN: 815

oly: 608

wolfkin: 380

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 172

Members: 15848

Moderators: 0

Admins: 3

Forum Stats:

Groups: 5

Forums: 23

Topics: 984

Newest Members: mindurbusiness

Administrators: Tosh (979), Jay (536), Tosh (56)