Please consider registering

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search:

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Wildcard usage:
*  matches any number of characters    %  matches exactly one character

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

Wii games for my father
1:59 am
Forum Posts: 4

My father has been experiencing mental decline from what I believe to be a lack of engagement. He just sits around and watches tv.  I think being retired is killing him.

So, we bought him a Wii because it's supposed to have some of the easiest games to play.  Problem is, I don't know what those games might be.

I'm looking for recommendations for simple (read: easy to play) games.  Preferably games where he can kill things, aren't too cute and don't require following a complex storyline or problem solving.

Little help?

1:19 pm
Admin
Forum Posts: 536

EdEN is our resident Wii guy, I'm sure he'll let you know!

JimmyMagnum Trophy Card
7:04 am
Forum Posts: 70

Bass Pro Shops: The Hunt.

Or any hunting game they are simple and you kill stuff

10:45 am
Resident Nintendo Nutjob
Forum Posts: 815

Thanks for the mention Jay since it pointed me to this post.

I imagine you got him the new bundle that comes with Wii Sports Resort. If you didn't , then Wii Sports Resort is a great purchase for him since you want him to be active.

I can mention several games that fall into your requirements:

Red Steel 2 (Action Game. Natural controls thanks to Wii Motion Plus)

House of the Dead 2 and 3 Return (Point and Shoot. Kill zombies, not much story)

House of the Dead Overkill (See above)

Dead Space Extraction (Ditto, substitute zombies with monsters)

Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles (Point and Shoot. More story, a bit more complex controls but still manageable)

Resident Evil: Darkside Chronicles (Point and Shoot. More story, a bit more complex controls but still manageable)

Madworld (Action Game. More story, a bit more complex controls but still manageable)

For all of them you should buy him Link's Crossbow Training as well since it includes the Zapper and since it's like holding a gun it might feel more natural for controls and Link's Crossbow Training is very fun as well.

Now, if we go away from the "shoot things" category and forget the "not too cute" one since defining what is "not too cute" would take us forever,  I can definitely sugest the following:

New Super Mario Bros Wii (2D Mario Bros)

SNK Arcade Classics Vol. 1 (Several arcade games for only $20)

Pinball Hall of Fame: The Williams Collection (Again, only $20 and pinball is sorta universal)

Excite Truck (Driving game. Easy to control and very fun)

Punch Out!! (Easy to control and he can either play just with the Wiimote in "NES style" mode or use the Nunchuck and Wiimote to box.

Wii Fit Plus (Great workout game that is very fun and has a lot of activities)

You could also buy him games from the Virtual Console for the NES since those are easy to control and low on story or even get some Wiiware games for him. I can help you with those if you let me know what type of games has your father played before so I can have an idea about what to recommend.

Hope that helps. Tell me if you need to know something in particular about Wii games.

Forum Timezone: America/Denver

Most Users Ever Online: 349

Currently Online:
3 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

EdEN: 815

oly: 608

wolfkin: 380

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 172

Members: 15848

Moderators: 0

Admins: 3

Forum Stats:

Groups: 5

Forums: 23

Topics: 984

Newest Members: mindurbusiness

Administrators: Tosh (979), Jay (536), Tosh (56)