Warning: mysql_affected_rows(): Access denied for user 'newps3bl'@'localhost' (using password: NO) in /home/newps3bl/public_html/wp-content/plugins/simple-press/sp-api/sp-api-wpdb.php on line 212

Warning: mysql_affected_rows(): A link to the server could not be established in /home/newps3bl/public_html/wp-content/plugins/simple-press/sp-api/sp-api-wpdb.php on line 212
Bright flash turns night into day | Off Topic | Forum « PS3 Blog and Community | PS3Blog.net | PS3/Vita News, Reviews & Opinions

Warning: in_array() expects parameter 2 to be array, string given in /home/newps3bl/public_html/wp-includes/formatting.php on line 337

Gophermods PS3 YLOD Repair

Please consider registering

CAPTCHA Image

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search:

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Wildcard usage:
*  matches any number of characters    %  matches exactly one character

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

Bright flash turns night into day
11:13 am
The Grid
Admin
Forum Posts: 979

Warning: in_array() expects parameter 2 to be array, string given in /home/newps3bl/public_html/wp-includes/formatting.php on line 337

Dang it, I was asleep! Ah well.

Video of it here, another with multiple angles. Hopefully more videos pop-up. I might be able to look at the security cameras here at work.. It happened at 12:05 am 11.18.09

• [Image Can Not Be Found]\" alt=\"\" />
    [Image Can Not Be Found]

SALT LAKE CITY — A fast moving meteor lit up the night skies over most of Utah just after midnight Wednesday.

KSL News received hundreds of calls from people who saw it, from southern Utah to southern Idaho. There also are reports of people seeing it from Las Vegas and areas of California. Witnesses reported a flash so bright it lit up the entire sky for a couple of seconds.

Don White was in Wyoming and told KSL Newsradio for a moment he suspected a nuclear strike. \"With something that brilliant and that fast, it was like, whoa, did we just get hit or something? It would have been some bigger noise I guess if a nuclear device had gone off,\" he said.

\"It lasted for about eight to 10 seconds,\" he continued. \"I think for about the last three to four seconds of that it was as light as day. I could see the bushes off to the right of the road. It was completely lit up. You\'ll see the meteors flying across the sky and everything, but I\'ve never seen one come that close.\"

Some people also reported a slight rumbling sound a few seconds after the flash. One caller told us it knocked a few items off her shelf.

7:36 pm
Enthusiast
Forum Posts: 189

Wow that\'s pretty cool. How in the hell did it light everything up like that though?

8:14 pm
Admin
Forum Posts: 536

what the heck was that? lol southern utah to southern idaho?!

JimmyMagnum Trophy Card
8:39 pm
The Grid
Admin
Forum Posts: 979

Was basically a large meteor entering our atmosphere and exploded and fell apart while in the atmosphere. None of it hit the ground though.

People could see in the UT, NV, CA, ID.

Forum Timezone: America/New_York

Most Users Ever Online: 349

Currently Online:
10 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

EdEN: 816

oly: 608

wolfkin: 382

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 196

Members: 15880

Moderators: 0

Admins: 3

Forum Stats:

Groups: 5

Forums: 23

Topics: 1000

Newest Members: franky2222

Administrators: Tosh (979), Jay (536), Tosh (56)

Warning: mysql_affected_rows(): Access denied for user 'newps3bl'@'localhost' (using password: NO) in /home/newps3bl/public_html/wp-content/plugins/simple-press/sp-api/sp-api-wpdb.php on line 212

Warning: mysql_affected_rows(): A link to the server could not be established in /home/newps3bl/public_html/wp-content/plugins/simple-press/sp-api/sp-api-wpdb.php on line 212