CAPTCHA Image

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search:

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Wildcard usage:
*  matches any number of characters    %  matches exactly one character

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

Great Article
10:20 am
Enthusiast
Forum Posts: 228

I cant believe it but IGN has finallt written an article worth reading. Only took 5yrs http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/121/1212379p1.html

I can honestly say I agree with them.

10:58 am
Guru
Forum Posts: 292

is this the one about PS3 outselling the XBox 360 ? I can't open it right now for some reason.

I read it earlier tomorrow though, it's pretty straight forward and informational, so basically nothing there to hate. I agree with that too, XBox has little relevance in other places like Japan or Europe and that's a well known fact.

Just don't read any of the idiotic comments they post there… damn, IGN is filled with idiots.

11:41 am
Guru
Forum Posts: 382

This is a Bad Time to be an FPS Fan
A lament for the death of innovation and ambition in the single-player FPS.

Is this a bad time to be an FPS fan? If you take the recent merciless public Metacritic mauling of Modern Warfare 3 as any kind of reliable barometer of the current public feeling, then the answer would appear to be a resounding yes.

The natives are restless. They're bored of more the same formula being wheeled out year after year. They've had enough of over-hyped blockbuster games with iterative multiplayer, a by-the-numbers campaign mode, and eye-rolling Michael Bay-esque storylines. The tech looks tired, they've seen it all before, and yet the review scores remain high, and the sales are even higher. What the hell's going on? Is the FPS scene really stuck in an interminable rut right now, or is it just a case of over-familiarity?

In fairness, it's a bit of both, but the thing that's increasingly obvious is how much the single player offering has become something of a lost art, and a sideshow to the main multiplayer event. Many times recently, friends have dismissed my concerns with a curt 'who cares about single player anyway?' Well, I do, and I'm fairly sure an awful lot of people agree with that point of view……

Nothing I haven't heard before but you're right it's a good article.

http://www.yourgamercards.net/trophy/58/ramdomwolf.png
Forum Timezone: America/New_York

Most Users Ever Online: 349

Currently Online:
10 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

EdEN: 816

oly: 608

wolfkin: 382

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 195

Members: 15877

Moderators: 0

Admins: 3

Forum Stats:

Groups: 5

Forums: 23

Topics: 998

Newest Members: Madhatter

Administrators: Tosh (979), Jay (536), Tosh (56)