CAPTCHA Image

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search:

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Wildcard usage:
*  matches any number of characters    %  matches exactly one character

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

Nintendo loosing it?
5:18 am
Forum Posts: 31

Spetember 29th, 2010…. nintendo fall confernece….

what did we learn….

Feb 26th, 2011…. Nintendo 3ds hits japan….

asking price…… 25,000 Yen……whats that in dollars… $300…. yupp thats right 300….

I my self am not a big fan of 3d dont see the point(seen re:a 3d in the theater, wasn't impresed with the 3d, would have been better non)…..but to ask 300 for just a handheld??? there was an article on kotaku showing the prices over the years for the Gameboy series…. and nothing has asked 300…. holly crap…. i could buy a wii and a crap ton of games… i could buy a 360 or a PS3….i could get just 2 base psp's or ds's…..

im sorry…. nintendo, to me, is making a huge mistake with this…. for one its to expensive… and the only reason initally that it will sell. is :

1. people need to have the newest, biggest and best-ist thing.

2. OMG(the little kids say) its a new ds trade in old one to get new or keep old and still buy new caz i want parents to do so.

the thing is…. the Ds isn't the best selling colsole of all time… im sorry…. they jsut keep releasing the same thing….just adding and substracting things…. it isn't a new thing. and the reason why it sells caz its the newest thing…(but not really)….see i still have a play GBA games…. can't do it on the newer ones caz thats gone….

here is the other thing that is gonna ruin it…. you give a 3d system to a little kid.. thats gonna happen. they play it like the alwasy have. really close to their face. when sony's stuff went 3d they posted a warning about keeping safe distances and taking breakes becasue of the strain it cna cause…. kids arnt going to want to stop… espically if they make a 3d pokemon…. theres gonan be problems…

the PS2 still ranks in my books as the best selling of all time…. caz it was one thing and it just kept selling. yea they slimmed it down but most colsoles do that after its so old…..but the library is so huge with games….. most of the stuff for the DS besides the first party stuff and the few 3rd are all casual games…. theres just no substance in it for me….

Im sorry for ranting…. but after a bunch of crappy gaming news today i am just very disappointed in nintendo and where things are going….

worshipforgive me

10:59 am
Resident Nintendo Nutjob
Forum Posts: 816

Opinions are always welcome since everyone can bring a new perspective to a topic.

Just to give you an idea, the Wii released for 25,000 Yen in Japan but over here it ended up being $249.99 which I think will be the price for the 3DS come march 2011. When you consider a single pair of 3D glasses is $99-199 and a 3D enabled TV can run you at least $1,000 suddenly $249.99 for a handheld that can play 3D movies, 3D games, take 3D pictures (and has many other features) doesn't seem that expensive.

As for your problem with the DSi and DSi XL not playing GBA games I can tell you that I own a DSi (got a DS Phat, then a Lite and now a DSi) but I also own a GBA SP and a GBA Micro so I'm set in that category. Backwards compatibility is always a plus but at some point something has to go to bring a product to market at a lower price.

Finally, doctors have said there won't be a serious problem with the 3DS because the screen is smaller and uses a different technology from that of 3D glasses. More studies should be in order, but so far so good.

Nice rant overall :)

1:10 pm
Forum Posts: 49

Yaminoshyuen said:

here is the other thing that is gonna ruin it…. you give a 3d system to a little kid.. thats gonna happen. they play it like the alwasy have. really close to their face. when sony's stuff went 3d they posted a warning about keeping safe distances and taking breakes becasue of the strain it cna cause…. kids arnt going to want to stop… espically if they make a 3d pokemon…. theres gonan be problems…

Well you could say the same about the 3D PS3, Kids are going to want to play that endlessly without breaks, hell even adults are prone to doing that. I've found myself and my friends playing LittleBigPlanet and completely losing track of time.

I do agree the price tag is a bit steep but considering the power of the console and the added 3D Without Glasses gimmick it does seem fair. I won't be getting one immediately but I do think after a price drop I'll look to invest in one.

8:06 pm
Resident Nintendo Nutjob
Forum Posts: 816

The 3DS will hit around the same time that the baby is due so my guess is I'll wait a couple of months before buying one since priorities are in order.

Forum Timezone: America/New_York

Most Users Ever Online: 349

Currently Online:
10 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

EdEN: 816

oly: 608

wolfkin: 382

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 193

Members: 15870

Moderators: 0

Admins: 3

Forum Stats:

Groups: 5

Forums: 23

Topics: 996

Newest Members: Onizuka83

Administrators: Tosh (979), Jay (536), Tosh (56)