CAPTCHA Image

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search:

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Wildcard usage:
*  matches any number of characters    %  matches exactly one character

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

Questions about Web Series
2:50 am
Forum Posts: 39

I am currently editing a TV miniseries pilot (I co-created and co-wrote it too) as my graduate film for university, and I was wondering if people wouldn't mind sharing thoughts on watching a series on the internet.

As the series is primarily targeted at TV, the pilot will go for approx 25minutes, and is about an assassin.

The show was filmed on the Canon 7D and is in HD.

Obviously although developed for TV, we all understand that it might not go that far, and our fallback for getting it out there would be to upload it to the internet.

I was just wondering if anyone could offer some information on whether you watch many webseries, how long you would sit in front of your screen for to watch a single episode, and where you usually find out about these sorts of things.

What would attract you to a webseries?

Anything else you think I might find useful would be highly welcomed as well.

Thanks!

10:22 am
Resident Nintendo Nutjob
Forum Posts: 816

Your best bet would be to separete the episode into four 6 minute long segments or story arcs since so far 6 minutes is the threshold shown attention-wise by most people that I asked your question.

Since you're developing this first as a TV series and then as "maybe" on the web the 6 minute segments can be put together into two 12 minute segments so you can have a break for commercial after segment 2 on TV. Pacing is important and that's what might be a problem if you've already shot the pilot..

8:41 pm
Forum Posts: 39

Yeah, I was thinking that 5 to 10 minutes would be the maximum. What it's likely to end up being I guess, is just to cut the episode in thirds, as you suggested, essentially where the ads would be.

We might actually upload it in different ways, for different people.

For instance, since downloading TV via bittorrent is so popular these days, we may end up uploading the entire episode in the same format as regular TV shows are, and those who want to watch it as if it were an actual TV show could.

We would then also upload segments onto services like YouTube, for instance, and people could watch it that way if they are so inclined.

Any advice on the best places/ways to advertise?

9:47 am
Resident Nintendo Nutjob
Forum Posts: 816

Advertise so people know about the show or advertise for revenue?

Forum Timezone: America/New_York

Most Users Ever Online: 349

Currently Online:
8 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

EdEN: 816

oly: 608

wolfkin: 382

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 193

Members: 15870

Moderators: 0

Admins: 3

Forum Stats:

Groups: 5

Forums: 23

Topics: 996

Newest Members: Jacob-William22

Administrators: Tosh (979), Jay (536), Tosh (56)