Please consider registering

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search:

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Wildcard usage:
*  matches any number of characters    %  matches exactly one character

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

Copy.com & the PS3 Web Browser
9:45 am
The Grid
Admin
Forum Posts: 56

Copy is basically a DropBox clone. But you can start out with 20GB if you use a referral link like this one – https://copy.com?r=Rp0c90
From what I gather you can earn up to 250GB in referrals. Much more than the 16GB in DropBox. My only fear is Copy removing your referral space after they get more users on board.

Love the increased space over DropBox, but one thing I really like with DropBox is that it works ok with the PS3 Web Browser. So I thought I'd see if Copy.com would work or not. It loads up the browse files page. But I can't drill into sub-folders .. but I found a workaround for the time being. Open the sub-folder in a new window instead. After it loads, click the sub-folder again and it will load the contents. Click the file you want and click the download button. I've tried this with video, audio & photos. All work ok. The PS3 Web browser loads the site pretty slow. Hopefully that will improve as Copy improves down the road. It's still fairly new.

For now I think I'll stick with DropBox for getting larger files on my PS3. But I may use Copy from time to time.

Forum Timezone: America/Denver

Most Users Ever Online: 349

Currently Online:
12 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

EdEN: 815

oly: 608

wolfkin: 380

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 172

Members: 15848

Moderators: 0

Admins: 3

Forum Stats:

Groups: 5

Forums: 23

Topics: 984

Newest Members: mindurbusiness

Administrators: Tosh (979), Jay (536), Tosh (56)