CAPTCHA Image

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search:

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Wildcard usage:
*  matches any number of characters    %  matches exactly one character

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

FPS Games: 3 controllers anyone?
9:35 am
Forum Posts: 1

Coming from a PC FPS background, I have never been able to get on with using the PS or XBOX gamepad to play FPS games on a console.

After using a mouse and keyboard for years, the gamepad just cannot come close for FPS games.  It is great for what it does but we need something else.

Along comes the Move!!  Great!!  But I'm sorry, that control system for having to move the controller to the edge of the screen is too slow and clunky.

Why not use 2 Move Nav controllers to navigate and a Move controller to aim?

Doesn't this give the best of both worlds?

The navigation of the gamepad and even superior accuracy of the mouse!

The sharpshooter rifle just needs to be adapted to house another nav controller in it's handle, a little bit of code written to adapt the control system and we have a solution that would be unbeatable!

Now before people get mad about extra money etc, I'm only talking about offering this control method as an option.  They can still offer the DS3 option aswell as the standard 2 controller Move option.  I just think, why not offer this option which would undoubtedly be the best option.

Any thoughts?

1:50 am
Eclectic

C'mon guys, let me know what you think

8:47 pm
Forum Posts: 70

The sharpshooter does have potential for a 2nd nav controller but i don't understand how both the nav controller and the move could control the aiming because they would conflict?

11:54 am
Riverview, FL
Forum Posts: 51

Yeah, I'm a little confused by the description of your idea. I think the sharpshooter is pretty good as it is! I can't imagine any more buttons or controllers on it either, the damn thing weighs enough as it is.

I'm not saying that your option isn't worth taking into consideration, that's just my opinion. Turning to the edge of the TV can be a nuisance, but once you find the settings that fit your needs then it's not so bad getting used to.

Forum Timezone: America/New_York

Most Users Ever Online: 349

Currently Online:
6 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

EdEN: 816

oly: 608

wolfkin: 382

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 193

Members: 15870

Moderators: 0

Admins: 3

Forum Stats:

Groups: 5

Forums: 23

Topics: 996

Newest Members: Jacob-William22

Administrators: Tosh (979), Jay (536), Tosh (56)