Please consider registering

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search:

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Wildcard usage:
*  matches any number of characters    %  matches exactly one character

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

Killzone 3 + PS Move = Good or Bad?!
1:25 pm
Forum Posts: 4

Dissclaimer!!: Let Me just start by saying that is my opinion on how implementing move with killzone 3 would work as of 10-29-10 Feel Free To comment and Discuss

As many people in the PS3 community are eager to get there hands on killzone 3 and take for a spin, I just can stop but wonder

how PS Move would work on killzone 3. We all know that Sony's control peripheral is as accurate as a mind reader :D

But is too much of something good  a bad thing?

Here are some youtube videos that I found that focused on using playstation move on killzone 3.

Just by examining the videos, it makes me think that Move makes killzone 3 a less hardcore and more for the casual shotter with the blood, gore and Helghast Nazis :D

For one thing aiming down your sides makes the game much more easier since it looks like it would lock on the enemy's and when I Buy a $60 I expect the campaign to fulfilling and enjoyable not an easy game that could be beaten in 4 hrs.

Don't Get me wrong, I like that Guerilla Games is giving PS3 owners options like 3D and Move, which I'm all down for but when it comes to FPS games, I think its best to use the DS3 rather than move. For one thing, The killzone franchise is known to be a more hardcore game for gamers that prefer to be on "Veteran" Difficulty rather than on "Easy".

The Animations Look rather odd when your sprinting or shooting down enemy's than compared when using a Dual Shock 3. And PS Move makes killzone 3 more of a Casual game rather than making the experience more "Hardcore" than I would like it to be But then again, Its not the Full Game, so there is still time to change it. I own the Nintendo Wii, and it barely gets any attention I just hope PS move doesn't end up like the wii and makes killzone 3 less fun. Now he multiplayer aspect is a whole other discussion when using move but for the campaign, Ill give the Crown to the DS3. Assuming Guerilla Games Fixed the Control scheme and made it a more run and gun game like MW2 (When It comes to the control setup) Then the DS3 Wins

Once I have the opportunity to try killzone 3 with my PS move Ill see if my feelings towards Move and a FPS game change my perspective, but as it stands:  Killzone 3 + DS3 = WIN

1:47 pm
Resident Nintendo Nutjob
Forum Posts: 815

Well, for me playing FPS games with dual analogs is just a pain after years of using the Wiimote for pin point accuracy and actually having to constantly aim (as one would have to in real life) instead of just sniping eveyone as they pass your pre-established cursor aim.

Still, most PS3 owners might see Move support on FPSs as a bad thing and I understand what you intend to establish on this post.

1:56 pm
Enthusiast
Forum Posts: 189

I think it's just giving you choice, you want to use MOVE? Fine use MOVE you want to use the DS3, then go ahead and use it. Life is Good!

2:00 pm
The Grid
Admin
Forum Posts: 979

I'll await the blog post to say my thoughts.

Forum Timezone: America/Denver

Most Users Ever Online: 349

Currently Online:
12 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
2 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

EdEN: 815

oly: 608

wolfkin: 380

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 172

Members: 15848

Moderators: 0

Admins: 3

Forum Stats:

Groups: 5

Forums: 23

Topics: 984

Newest Members: mindurbusiness

Administrators: Tosh (979), Jay (536), Tosh (56)