Please consider registering

CAPTCHA Image

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

Killzone 3 + PS Move = Good or Bad?!
1:25 pm
Members
Forum Posts: 4

Dissclaimer!!: Let Me just start by saying that is my opinion on how implementing move with killzone 3 would work as of 10-29-10 Feel Free To comment and Discuss

As many people in the PS3 community are eager to get there hands on killzone 3 and take for a spin, I just can stop but wonder

how PS Move would work on killzone 3. We all know that Sony's control peripheral is as accurate as a mind reader 😀

But is too much of something good  a bad thing?

Here are some youtube videos that I found that focused on using playstation move on killzone 3.

Just by examining the videos, it makes me think that Move makes killzone 3 a less hardcore and more for the casual shotter with the blood, gore and Helghast Nazis 😀

For one thing aiming down your sides makes the game much more easier since it looks like it would lock on the enemy's and when I Buy a $60 I expect the campaign to fulfilling and enjoyable not an easy game that could be beaten in 4 hrs.

Don't Get me wrong, I like that Guerilla Games is giving PS3 owners options like 3D and Move, which I'm all down for but when it comes to FPS games, I think its best to use the DS3 rather than move. For one thing, The killzone franchise is known to be a more hardcore game for gamers that prefer to be on "Veteran" Difficulty rather than on "Easy".

The Animations Look rather odd when your sprinting or shooting down enemy's than compared when using a Dual Shock 3. And PS Move makes killzone 3 more of a Casual game rather than making the experience more "Hardcore" than I would like it to be But then again, Its not the Full Game, so there is still time to change it. I own the Nintendo Wii, and it barely gets any attention I just hope PS move doesn't end up like the wii and makes killzone 3 less fun. Now he multiplayer aspect is a whole other discussion when using move but for the campaign, Ill give the Crown to the DS3. Assuming Guerilla Games Fixed the Control scheme and made it a more run and gun game like MW2 (When It comes to the control setup) Then the DS3 Wins

Once I have the opportunity to try killzone 3 with my PS move Ill see if my feelings towards Move and a FPS game change my perspective, but as it stands:  Killzone 3 + DS3 = WIN

1:47 pm
Resident Nintendo Nutjob
Forum Posts: 816

Well, for me playing FPS games with dual analogs is just a pain after years of using the Wiimote for pin point accuracy and actually having to constantly aim (as one would have to in real life) instead of just sniping eveyone as they pass your pre-established cursor aim.

Still, most PS3 owners might see Move support on FPSs as a bad thing and I understand what you intend to establish on this post.

1:56 pm
Enthusiast
Members
Forum Posts: 189

I think it's just giving you choice, you want to use MOVE? Fine use MOVE you want to use the DS3, then go ahead and use it. Life is Good!

2:00 pm
The Grid
Admin
Forum Posts: 979

I'll await the blog post to say my thoughts.

2:22 pm
Admin
Forum Posts: 536

here's from the chat, for some ideas, etc:

• Jay : of course, that would take a lot of tweaking, to, especially turn speed, etc
  • Jay: because when you aim guns, you don't necessarily look exactly where the gun is

aiming, as the gun is able to move independently of the position of your

head

• Jay : personally,I would also like to see turning and the like be done when you aim the

cursor outside of the screen, so it would be easier to manually aim at

people where the turn box is usually located

• Josh : yeah thats good
  • Jay : how about talking about options to make the Move experience more hardcore,

like being able to adjust the auto-aim sensitivity or be able to turn it

off as an option?

JimmyMagnum Trophy Card
7:03 pm
Resident Nintendo Nutjob

I'll paste this over at the post once it's up but a promise is  a promise:

I played Move a couple of years ago… when it was called a Wiimote.

Enjoy.

6:36 am
Members
Forum Posts: 8

i've got a plan for kz3 actually:

move + nav controller

battle rifle attachment

3d television + glasses

pressure-applying vest

IT'S LIKE YOU'RE REALLY ON HELGHAN!

or something...

10:21 am
Members
Forum Posts: 35

I don't think that KZ3 and Move will work together. I have two MOVEs and I think MOVE has a field of its own but does not necessarily have to be integrated into the genre of fps. I will play KZ3 with my controller and always stick to it (unless I sense that Move and its exaggerated aim assist does not give an unfair advantage to the MOVErs, if so, I will play with MOVE but "unwillingly").

9:54 am
Resident Nintendo Nutjob

Playing an FPS with pointer baised controls is very, very good. I've been doing so for years on Wii and the precision and increased response time when compared to dual analog is huge.

11:11 am
The Grid
Admin
Forum Posts: 979

I could never see myself playing a real FPS this way. I may try it to see how it is, but never play the whole game that way.

6:05 am
PLAYER
Guests

KILLZONE 3 + PS MOVE = GOOD OR BAD?!

ITS GOOOOOOOOOOD VERY VERY GOOOOOD

I have been trying to play with ds3 first person shooters for a year now.. and still i suck i was good in keyboard and mouse but ds3 is just to damn pain

I give it a try with move and sharpshooter and the difference is amazing.

playing first person shooters with move+sharpshooter is the best way to play a FPS

10:54 am
Members
Forum Posts: 12

i tried killzone with the move didnt care for it too much. made the game play and action slow down too much for a fps for me. Plus i could never figure out how to throw the damn grenades

12:25 pm
Guru
Members
Forum Posts: 283

I liked it with the sharpshooter a little slower than i would like typically. Great in the multiplayer for it.

10:01 am
Mentor
Members
Forum Posts: 608

I couldn't get it to ever work easy..

http://mypsn.eu.playstation.com/psn/profile/oly1kenobi.png
5:47 pm
Enthusiast
Members
Forum Posts: 148

i tried move with MAG, and i wasn't happy with it, haven't tried it with any other FPS, but i'd love to try it out on this game.

5:52 pm
Members
Forum Posts: 5

I might just suck with the sharpshooter, but I don't find it very fun at all compared to the controller. I love the idea though.

11:34 am
Guru
Members

I liked the concept of multiplayer with it, however everyone needed to be using it or it wouldn't be fair.

7:41 am
Guru
Members
Forum Posts: 353

Ya I agree with @The_Nmac it's fun for multiplayer, changes the experience in a good way, but you will get owned by people using a normal controller.

http://card.psnprofiles.com/1/kennygk.png
10:10 am
Members
Forum Posts: 12

i really didnt care for the move controls on this game took away from the fast pace

10:55 am
Guru
Members

I guess we'll see what happens with Killzone 4 this gen or next. Something tells me that move will work on next gen system.

Forum Timezone: America/New_York

Most Users Ever Online: 349

Currently Online:
9 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

oly: 608

wolfkin: 382

Eddie: 361

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 188