Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register

CAPTCHA Image

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

sp_TopicIcon
Navigation Controller?
3:26 pm
Members
Forum Posts: 18
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Is this controller used that often? I'm thinking about getting Playstation Move, but I want to make sure If it's worth it to buy the Navigation controller as well. What games use the controller? Also what is it's use outside of games (can it be used as a cursor or to scroll through the XMB)?

7:33 pm
Resident Nintendo Nutjob
Forum Posts: 816

You can technically use a Dualshock 3 instead of the Navigation controller but since the button mapping is different you could run into some problems. A game I can think of that will work better with the Nav is Heavy Rain since it was re-coded specifically for that setup.

9:06 am
South Florida
Members
Forum Posts: 47

I as yet have not taken the Nav out of the box yet as there isn't much to use it with yet.

5:05 pm
Members
Forum Posts: 18

EdEN said:

You can technically use a Dualshock 3 instead of the Navigation controller but since the button mapping is different you could run into some problems. A game I can think of that will work better with the Nav is Heavy Rain since it was re-coded specifically for that setup.

Oh, ok, I see. I tried that out at the Playstation Holiday Event with Socom 4 and it was very difficult using the dualshock instead of the Nav. I guess it depends on what games I'm planning to get.

10:22 am
Resident Nintendo Nutjob

The next round of releases (at full price) like Killzone 3 will make use of the Navigation controller so if you like FPS games you might consider investing in one.

12:06 pm
Enthusiast
Members
Forum Posts: 189

Using the DualShock instead of the Nav is a disaster. I tried it last night with the LBP 2 Prehistoric game and it sucked. Had to put down the DualShock and pick up the MOVE do my thing and pick up the DualShock and put down the MOVE. When I tried the Nav with the MOVE in the Funky Lab Rat it was pretty damn cool. As more developers implement these 2 controllers I have no doubt you will need them or prepare for a lot of fustration.

11:14 am
Resident Nintendo Nutjob

Basically, the Nav is the Nunchuck and the Move is the Wiimote. Using a Dualshock 3 in place of the Nav CAN be a solution, just not a good one since the extra weight throws you off.

11:40 am
Members
Forum Posts: 64

Luke said:

Using the DualShock instead of the Nav is a disaster. I tried it last night with the LBP 2 Prehistoric game and it sucked. Had to put down the DualShock and pick up the MOVE do my thing and pick up the DualShock and put down the MOVE.

I couldn't get that particular title to work with the Nav. Was I missing something? It only seemed to work with Move + DS3. And yeah, it sucked. Which is why, I guess, that the game description reads something like, "Grab a Move, DS3, and a friend to play this title."

12:31 pm
Guru
Members
Forum Posts: 382

Nav controller is just a stick with
- d-pad
- left stick
- L1/L2
- X and O buttons

For the most part it does work just as good as DualShock. same buttons as if you were holding it with one hand. If you needed X and O you'd probably use them on the move controller anyway.

http://www.yourgamercards.net/trophy/58/ramdomwolf.png
Forum Timezone: America/New_York

Most Users Ever Online: 349

Currently Online:
4 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

oly: 608

wolfkin: 382

Eddie: 361

Member Stats: