The player is drawn into the world of Dead Island on the brink of a mysterious epidemic that suddenly, and without warning, breaks out on the fictional island of Banoi. As a guest of the Royal Palms Resort, the player's stay was supposed to be a dream holiday; a luxurious getaway to the beautiful beaches of a tropical paradise. But faced with the reality of a zombie apocalypse, there is only one thing left to do: Survive.
This is Dead Island... a paradise to die for.
So I was on their Christmas special contest website looking for legal information because I want to know if they'll ship prizes international or US only and I found it
Raffle Terms and Conditions
Terms and Conditions of the Dead Island Christmas Calendar 2011 Raffle
The following are the terms and conditions of the Dead Island Christmas Calendar 2011 Raffle. Your participation in the Raffle shall be deemed to be your complete acceptance of the terms and conditions herein.
- Entry to the Raffle is available only to persons over the age of 18. You may be asked, at any stage, to provide ___ with proof of age and /or identity.
- Employees and relatives of employees of the Sponsor and any entities affiliated or related to the Sponsor shall not be eligible to enter the Raffle. For the purposes herein, the term "relative" shall mean spouse, partner, parent, child or sibling.
- The Raffle drawing shall take place on date, 2011. This is referred to as the Promotional Period.
- Entry into the Raffle is free. In the event that the Sponsor deems an entrant to have in any way acted in bad faith with respect to the Promotion, such entrant shall be excluded from the Raffle and consequently deemed ineligible to win the Prize, as defined below.
- In order to enter the Raffle each entrant shall submit their first name, last name, email address, country and zip code.
- Winner specifically acknowledges that winner shall be responsible for the payment of all tax, title fees, license fees, insurance requirements and other charges as may be required under any law, ordinance, statute, regulation or otherwise.
- The Sponsor shall notify each winner of the winning via E-mail within five (5) days of the Raffle.
- Notwithstanding Section 7 above, in the event that, for any reason whatsoever, the Prize winner fails to respond, within thirty (30) days, or seven (7) days at time of winning a Prize as mentioned in Section 7, to the E-mail notification of his/her winning, such winning entrant shall be deemed to have forfeited his / her claim to such Prize and the Sponsor shall not have any obligation whatsoever to compensate the winning entrant in any way.
- The Sponsor's decision is final with respect to all matters relating to awarding of the Prize and shall not be subject to review or appeal by any entrant or by any third party. The juristrictian of any court is excluded.
- Your participation in the Raffle is deemed your agreement that the Sponsor may use your name, likeness or image for promotional and marketing purposes without the requirement for any payment to you and you hereby grant the Sponsor the right to do the same and expressly waive any claims against the Sponsor in this regard.
- The Prize is neither transferable nor exchangeable and cannot be exchanged for money or money's worth.
- By entering the Raffle, each entrant unreservedly agrees to these terms and conditions which govern the Raffle and the awarding of the Prize.
- By entering the Raffle each entrant agrees to release, discharge and hold harmless the Sponsor, its legal representatives, affiliates, subsidiaries, agencies and their respective officers, directors, employees and agents from any damages whatsoever suffered, sustained or allegedly sustained in connection the Raffle or the acceptance of the Prize.
- The winning entrant shall be solely responsible for any taxes levied in relation to the delivery or receipt of the Prize.
- The Sponsor reserves the right to alter these terms and conditions at any time and in its sole discretion.
- The Sponsor reserves the right, at any time, to cancel, modify or suspend the Raffle if, in its sole judgment, the Raffle is not capable of being conducted as specified.
- These terms and conditions and any matters relating hereto shall be governed by and construed in accordance with Austrian Laws and jurisdiction over any and all disputes shall be exclusive to the courts in Innsbruck, Austria.
So there are some hilarious parts in this.. like in the beginning
Entry to the Raffle is available only to persons over the age of 18. You may be asked, at any stage, to provide ___ with proof of age and /or identity
The Raffle drawing shall take place on date, 2011. This is referred to as the Promotional Period.
and in the end
These terms and conditions and any matters relating hereto shall be governed by and construed in accordance with Austrian Laws and jurisdiction over any and all disputes shall be exclusive to the courts in Innsbruck, Austria.
I mean wow.. I know sometimes people don't put a lot of effort into their generic form EULAs and what not but that's hilarious.
Question: You have found a blueprint for the weapon mod "old smokey", which additional items do you need in order to successfully mod a machete using this blueprint
Answer: Belt, Blade, Duct Tape, LP4000 Battery, Magnet, Wire
It's just a non-US studio trying to write this without English being their mother-tongue. At least it seems they'll ship internationally which is great for their fans.
Are you saying Deep Silver IS Austrian?
I mean no offense to foreign talent but I was under the (mistaken) impression that they were a North American studio.. well at least the Austria part makes sense then?
though they were poland based? I only know that they also made call of juarez
it could also be a third party company running the giveaway for them. I didn't read it, so I don't know for sure, but a lot of companies would outsource others to run contests and stuff
Is that game really worth buying cause my friend said it sucked?
far as i can tell and i ahven't really looked into it myself. The main issue with DI is that you have to completely tone down the expectation. You can't buy the game expecting ANYTHING remotely like the teaser trailer. Once you do that it's supposed to be a pretty ok game i hear.
If it ever drops to $20 maybe I'll think about it.
Dead Island is a good game. Yes, it might not be all we wanted giving how awesome the trailer was, but still a pretty decent game. It has a lot of content, decent development and chopping down zombies is as cool as ever, the RPG mechanics also add up for great character customization. Just think about this, if you like melee this is for you, if you want to shoot down zombies then you might have to look somewhere else.
Most Users Ever Online: 349
Currently Browsing this Page:
Guest Posters: 197