Please consider registering

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search:

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Wildcard usage:
*  matches any number of characters    %  matches exactly one character

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

Dead PSN games
2:49 pm
Guru
Forum Posts: 382

anyone else annoyed at how some games handle being completely dead. For example I like to play Hoard it seems like it would be a GREAT game to play with people (it gets somewhat old with the CPU) but noone is on.. or if they are they're already in a game. but I would never know because unless i want to spend an hour trying and trying to get int. you'll never know. Heaven forbid you want to play with four people instead of a random one that you were so lucky to get. Then you and a stranger who might be a 12 year old kid in my case (who was an idiot.. but hey he was the only person I ever met to play) have to wait and you don't know stranger.. they're gonna leave right before a third person gets there.

Sure ideally we'd have server lists like in Resistance 2 or Burnout Paradise both of which do online well but why hasn't someone done something like ghost mode. I was playing Bomberman on WiiWare the other day and it occurred to me that it would be really useful and cool if when you go online and someone has started a game you could hop in as a spectator (like in RF: Guerilla or Smash Bros, or heck even Burnout Paradise to an extent) I honestly don't mind waiting for a game to finish but when you turn on You Don't Know Jack and noone is there.. you have no idea if the game is dead.. or everyone is just tired of waiting for people.

http://www.yourgamercards.net/trophy/58/ramdomwolf.png
11:11 pm
New Jersey
Enthusiast
Forum Posts: 164

Yea they can't list active users in the past weeks because then somebody may not buy it and they'd lose PRECIOUS MONEY!!!!

But yea I feel your pain.  Especially on those new games *cough* MK Kollection.  If a game has a low community online, (especially if it's MEANT for online), it should 1.) cost cheaper or 2.) Alert You.

Vote For My Controller! http://www.fraggednation.com/forum/topic/GamerModz-Giveaway-images-Start-voting-32496/-1
10:41 am
Guru
Forum Posts: 382

it's not even so much "preknowledge" so much. I'll buy a game with a weak community if there's SOME way to find people. Anyone could buy Burnout Paradise and if there's 20 people online you can find them because you see a list of open games. With Red Faction Guerilla at least it does show you games that have already started even if you don't have the ability to wait for the match to finish. With YDKJ if there was just a way to say "We've found 2 games already in progress would you like to wait until they're over" I'd be happy. For all I know last night I was trying to find someone to play with but there could have been 10 games ongoing and if they all have started the round it just tells me "No games found" which is misleading and unnecessarily depressing.

So it's not so much about "active in the past weeks" I'm not so concerned with that. its who is playing at that exact time.

http://www.yourgamercards.net/trophy/58/ramdomwolf.png
Forum Timezone: America/Denver

Most Users Ever Online: 349

Currently Online:
12 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

EdEN: 815

oly: 608

wolfkin: 380

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 172

Members: 15848

Moderators: 0

Admins: 3

Forum Stats:

Groups: 5

Forums: 23

Topics: 984

Newest Members: mindurbusiness

Administrators: Tosh (979), Jay (536), Tosh (56)