Warning: mysql_affected_rows(): Access denied for user 'newps3bl'@'localhost' (using password: NO) in /home/newps3bl/public_html/wp-content/plugins/simple-press/sp-api/sp-api-wpdb.php on line 212

Warning: mysql_affected_rows(): A link to the server could not be established in /home/newps3bl/public_html/wp-content/plugins/simple-press/sp-api/sp-api-wpdb.php on line 212
Deception IV (PS3 and VITA) | PS3 Games | Forum « PS3 Blog and Community | PS3Blog.net | PS3/Vita News, Reviews & Opinions

Warning: in_array() expects parameter 2 to be array, string given in /home/newps3bl/public_html/wp-includes/formatting.php on line 337

Gophermods PS3 YLOD Repair

Please consider registering

CAPTCHA Image

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search:

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Wildcard usage:
*  matches any number of characters    %  matches exactly one character

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

Deception IV (PS3 and VITA)
6:39 pm
Forum Posts: 28

Warning: in_array() expects parameter 2 to be array, string given in /home/newps3bl/public_html/wp-includes/formatting.php on line 337

So, this is a recommendation topic. Deception IV is an action game about having your territory invaded by medieval fantasy hero stereotypes (yes, you're the villain, the devil pretty much) with a twist: you can't cause any sort of damage directly. The protagonist, Laegrinna, materializes traps that you've set on the floor and walls with a snap, and then magic happens: enemies are hit by swinging axes, electrocuted by a lightning rod, pierced by wall spikes, hit by a rolling boulder or just annoyed by a cake right in the face; that or you'll try to hit an armored foe with a bear trap and watch as he/she hammers down your character.

I've beaten up to chapter 7 now, I can tell the enemy AI is interesting in that levels of stupidity and attitude are very variable between each opposing character – many will avoid spots where they've been hit or avoided traps before – not to mention individual values common to many other game genres. Laegrinna also gets skills in order to make the task of surviving less daunting, such as dodging and enraging others, as well as auto-defense which is practically the easy mode of the game; of course you can also use the skill slots to activate more traps.
I should add that the game contains a standard story mode (4 endings), a mission mode, replays and even a cross-quest mode in which you set the missions and upload them for other people to try and rate regarding the level of fun and difficulty (I have one uploaded, but apparently no one has tried or beaten it yet to rate). Apparently only the PS3 version has an Youtube upload feature, but cross missions should be playable from any version.

And did I mention Laegrinna gets to wear outfits from Kagero, Trapt, Dead Or Alive and Atelier?

10:35 am
Resident Nintendo Nutjob
Forum Posts: 816

I'll definitely pick this later in the year once reviews have slowed down. I was bummed about not getting a review copy since I would have loved to try this at launch.

7:24 am
Guru
Forum Posts: 281

It looks fun. Just don't have to dedicate to it right now. Maybe in the summer.

4:21 pm
Forum Posts: 28

Then you guys can try my quests! =D
hahaha

Forum Timezone: America/New_York

Most Users Ever Online: 349

Currently Online:
9 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

EdEN: 816

oly: 608

wolfkin: 382

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 196

Members: 15880

Moderators: 0

Admins: 3

Forum Stats:

Groups: 5

Forums: 23

Topics: 1000

Newest Members: franky2222

Administrators: Tosh (979), Jay (536), Tosh (56)

Warning: mysql_affected_rows(): Access denied for user 'newps3bl'@'localhost' (using password: NO) in /home/newps3bl/public_html/wp-content/plugins/simple-press/sp-api/sp-api-wpdb.php on line 212

Warning: mysql_affected_rows(): A link to the server could not be established in /home/newps3bl/public_html/wp-content/plugins/simple-press/sp-api/sp-api-wpdb.php on line 212