Please consider registering

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search:

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Wildcard usage:
*  matches any number of characters    %  matches exactly one character

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

DJ Hero
3:10 pm
Forum Posts: 6

Anyone dumb enough to fork out the $ for DJ Hero? I say that facetiously as I did. I got the Renegade edition preordered from Newegg. I\'m very excited for it. Overpriced and pretentious? Maybe. Maybe not. It looks like a nice piece of a equipment so I couldn\'t say whether or not it\'s a rip off or worth the $. The difference in what you get for the standard $120 vs the $200 Renegade edition made it worth the extra $80 in my opinion. I figure the hefty $120 already violated me enough to make me go all in for the Renegade.

I am curious if anyone knows if there are preorder benefits to ordering from different places like with Uncharted 2 for example. I shopped around and read up on DJ Hero as best I could before buying and it did not look like there was. Yesterday, however, I was browsing Best Buy and it said you can unlock a new Daft Punk level with a code in the package. It did not flat out say it was Best Buy specific or a preorder bonus. I\'ve already placed my order and even if I did get a free Daft Punk song from Best Buy it wouldn\'t make up for the money I\'m saving on tax & shipping.

Anyone with info on DJ Hero please post away. I think we may be an exclusive bunch for a while. My first time on these forums by the way. My PS3 gamer ID is jwhyrock. Feel free to say hi. I\'ll catch you on one of my 2 PS3s hehe. Maybe we can catch an online game of some kind. Peace.

1:32 am
USA CA
Forum Posts: 34

Kind of late but the amazon version is the best because it has free shipping and tax so what it says is what goes and it was priced at $179.99, I wonder what it is now.

12:03 pm
jwhyrock

yeah except that deal wasn't available when I purchased the game.  That price came much later.  That's always how it works.  Prices come down if you wait long enough.  I was halfway curious if the Renegade versions would sell out and be hard to find or more expensive.  I figured that was not likely to be the case considering the negative buzz on the price of the game.  Either way it's cool to own and incredibly fun with great music.  Expensive but fun.

11:05 am
Resident Nintendo Nutjob
Forum Posts: 815

I got it for Wii since I own my plastic instruments for it and I wanted to take advantage of the Guitar Mode available so my brother and my brother-in-law could take turns playing as well. All in all great fun. Even better since I got it for $80.

Forum Timezone: America/Denver

Most Users Ever Online: 349

Currently Online:
7 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

EdEN: 815

oly: 608

wolfkin: 380

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 172

Members: 15848

Moderators: 0

Admins: 3

Forum Stats:

Groups: 5

Forums: 23

Topics: 984

Newest Members: mindurbusiness

Administrators: Tosh (979), Jay (536), Tosh (56)